TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

Would it be possible to use positive and negativ without GND to get 52V? Or will this burn the supply?
I fed my TPA 3255 53.5V
This is possible with a load resistance of 8 ohms.

Attachments

• Vrail3255.JPG
    Vrail3255.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:
I just found a symmetrical 26V powersupply.

Would it be possible to use positive and negativ without GND to get 52V? Or will this burn the supply?

I must change voltage sense for beeing more to 24V each rail for a total of 48V.

I think you would be quite happy with a simple Mean Well single rail supply. Even 24 volts is more than enough for most applications. Just seems a lot of effort to make this other one work safely and it’s not really designed for this job.

Thanks, @bushellj and @daniboun for the info.

I'll be trying out this circuit when I get the parts. M2 is the circuit that pulls RESET to low immediately upon flicking the switch using a MOSFET.

M1 is not essential, I was just thinking if it should be switched off after some time. 50V is the input supply, connected to the 'off' pole of the switch. 3.3V is from the regulator (which I can't find its use for).

The anti-pop circuit on the board does look like a dual MOSFET. I'm hoping this method is quick enough to shut off the power amp before the pop sound.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 7.25.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 7.25.23 PM.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 426
Thanks, @bushellj and @daniboun for the info.

I'll be trying out this circuit when I get the parts. M2 is the circuit that pulls RESET to low immediately upon flicking the switch using a MOSFET.

M1 is not essential, I was just thinking if it should be switched off after some time. 50V is the input supply, connected to the 'off' pole of the switch. 3.3V is from the regulator (which I can't find its use for).

The anti-pop circuit on the board does look like a dual MOSFET. I'm hoping this method is quick enough to shut off the power amp before the pop sound.

I don't know if it can help....an example for the TPA3132D2

TPA3132D2 - sur-delay et arret d'urgence (anti-pop) - aussi pour TPA3116 / TPA3118 - 360customs #

TPA3132D2 simple anti pop schématique

TPA3132_simple_antipop.png

Aiyima A07 - TPA3255 with Anti Pop circuit !!??

I just picked this up off one of the AliExpress site.

This was the photograph of the Aiyima A07 TPA3255 board which clerly shows the "Anti Pop" circuitry on the board !!

Although it still states in the description that buyers must be aware of the Turn On and Turn Off noises !!

I wonder if this was an earlier revision or later revision of this board ??

Most annoying if this actually exists !! I still have some reservations as the switch is a single pole switch whereas in the TPA3251 board it is a double pole switch ??

James.

Attachments

• AIYIMA-Mini-HIFI-TPA3255-Stereo-2-0-Channel-300W-2-High-Power-Digital-Amplifier-Class-D.jpg
    AIYIMA-Mini-HIFI-TPA3255-Stereo-2-0-Channel-300W-2-High-Power-Digital-Amplifier-Class-D.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 480
I just picked this up off one of the AliExpress site.

This was the photograph of the Aiyima A07 TPA3255 board which clerly shows the "Anti Pop" circuitry on the board !! James.

Hummmm be careful this is just a picture but if you read the user comments, people confirm that it has no anti pop..

It's like a big lottery, I imagine that the TPA3255 exists with anti pop, must we still fall on it...

checkout :

TPA.jpg

Last edited:
@bushellj damn, should have waited on the purchase. Let us know when it arrives.

@daniboun that's it.
Just remove everything to the left of M2 and attach the anti-pop circuit shown to the gate of M2, hook the voltage up to VDD.
Could do with a smaller cap.

The MOSFET will work till ~2V whereas the TPA3255 will cut off at 8+V. This could work!

I'm going to try it

Last edited:
Hummmm be careful this is just a picture but if you read the user comments, people confirm that it has no anti pop..

It's like a big lottery, I imagine that the TPA3255 exists with anti pop, must we still fall on it...

checkout :

TPA.jpg

I saw that on the advert. I was just raising the point that this board clearly exists somewhere. I did notice that some sellers were now talking about a 2020 version but still the same old photographs.

If we knew who the original manufacturer was maybe we could ask them ??

The part number and Date code on my board (no Anti Pop) is 519429A_P1 191029.

This part number (if I can read it correctly from the photo) is 519429A_P3A 200329.

This implies that the original board was dated 29 October 2019 and the new board is dated 29 March 2020.

The only problem with this analysis of the Date Code is I am pretty sure the Aiyima A07 TPA3255 has been available a lot longer than October last year !! Any one have theirs longer than this ??

James

Last edited:
I saw that on the advert. I was just raising the point that this board clearly exists somewhere. I did notice that some sellers were now talking about a 2020 version but still the same old photographs.

It must exist for sure )
I will also let you know soon about my new TPA3255, I just checked the tracking and the parcel has reached my country. That TPA3255 is absolutely unknown, I could not find any review anywhere.....
This could be the opportunity to check the Anti Pop as well ) and check the sound with 4 x OPA1656, (the one you sold me lol )

The part number and Date code on my board (no Anti Pop) is 519429A_P1 191029.

This part number (if I can read it correctly from the photo) is 519429A_P3A 200329.

This implies that the original board was dated 29 October 2019 and the new board is dated 29 March 2020.

The only problem with this analysis of the Date Code is I am pretty sure the Aiyima A07 TPA3255 has been available a lot longer than October last year !! Any one have theirs longer than this ??

James

These AIYIMA are well priced but not knowing which board you are buying stops me from buying one, this is very typical of certain items on eBay and AliExpress.

I’d rather use the TPA3255EVM or 3e Audio stuff, at least you know exactly what you’re buying.

BR
Eric

These AIYIMA are well priced but not knowing which board you are buying stops me from buying one, this is very typical of certain items on eBay and AliExpress.

I’d rather use the TPA3255EVM or 3e Audio stuff, at least you know exactly what you’re buying.

BR
Eric

Unfortunately I need mine in a box to keep small Grand Children's fingers safely out of reach !!

checkout :

TPA.jpg

Hmm, I remember that TI advises in the TPA3255 EVM documentation that inout and speakers connections need to be done prior to apply power. Hence, the recommendation of that amplifier manufacturer doesn't agree with TI's on their chip.
Best regards!