TPA3251d2

Nope!

Often in that case one of the pins is not making a good contact

If the adapter board isn't rock stable in the socket, try to rock it slightly or push it further down if not inserted properly.

They should be NO volume loss at all, gain structure is elsewhere around the op amp (resistors, fixed gain per definition)

Good luck

Claude

Thanks for your reply Claude , the 627AU chip on adaptor went right in to the mount easily and securely .

Here is the link to the one I bought , maybe it is the wrong IC ?

1PCS BB OPA627 OPA627AU on DIP8 adapter | eBay

I removed the 627AU IC's and reinserted the 5532 IC's and typical operating volume returned .

Do they both have the second chip on the bottom of the adapter like this picture ?

Rob43

Attachments

• s-l1600 - Edited (1).jpg
    s-l1600 - Edited (1).jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 279
Thanks , can you recommend a reliable vendor to source from ?

OPA627 is very expensive. The price of the IC chip is over $15. A DIP8 conversion module with two of them costs over $30. The distribution of new IC chips is small, and most of them use used IC chips.
Most of the cheap OPA627s sold in China are fake. We cut the name of the cheap OP amplifier and sell it with the OPA627 name stamped again.

Last edited:
OPA627 is very expensive. The price of the IC chip is over $15. A DIP8 conversion module with two of them costs over $30. The distribution of new IC chips is small, and most of them use used IC chips.
Most of the cheap OPA627s sold in China are fake. We cut the name of the cheap OP amplifier and sell it with the OPA627 name stamped again.

Guys, if you are looking for a reliable vendor, you can get genuine dual OPA627 @ Audiophonics. This is one of the best Audiophile Vendor in Europe. They ship anywhere and their prices are really great :)

BURR BROWN OPA627 Dual OPA with Support (Unit) - Audiophonics

Thanks for the information everyone .
I appreciate the education and links you posted .
I think since the Aiyima 04 was a $49 electronic I am going to order a handful of the authentic new NE5532 IC's from Mouser and install them in case the ones marked in the Aiyima are fakes . It seems a low cost potential improvement.
I don't know how many times the Aiyima power jack can be used before failure .
Maybe I will save money for a TI 3251 board before investing in opamp rolling

I think since the Aiyima 04 was a $49 electronic I am going to order a handful of the authentic new NE5532 IC's from Mouser and install them in case the ones marked in the Aiyima are fakes . It seems a low cost potential improvement.

Great alternative is OPA1656, as far as I know, you won't find any fake and they perform better than OPA627 : see spec.

A more modern, common replacement for the ne5532 is the njm068, are 60 cents each, are good sounding. The shipping from Mouser will be much more than the parts...
Another inexpensive one to try is the ad827, but I think those are getting hard to find in dip 8 package.