TPA3251d2

Does your board implements a reset handler for power-loss or power-off? My actual implementation for capacitive power-on-reset solution is not pop-free when powering off by design. Need to test how much capacitance is needed for pop free power-on to limit the effect on power-off.

(Actually using capacitive pull-up with reverse freewheeling protection diode. Using just the reset pin for on/standby is pop free of course)

Last edited:
Some pics of the setup.

The initial thermal i used with the smaller heatsink:

attachment.php

The heatsink mounted to the board:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Replaced with the "real" heatsink featuring 3K/W:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG0335_1.JPG
    CIMG0335_1.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 825
  • CIMG0341_1.JPG
    CIMG0341_1.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 820
  • CIMG0343_1.JPG
    CIMG0343_1.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 818
  • CIMG0345_1.JPG
    CIMG0345_1.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 997
  • CIMG0325_1.JPG
    CIMG0325_1.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 828
Does your board implements a reset handler for power-loss or power-off? My actual implementation for capacitive power-on-reset solution is not pop-free when powering off by design. Need to test how much capacitance is needed for pop free power-on to limit the effect on power-off.

(Actually using capacitive pull-up with reverse freewheeling protection diode. Using just the reset pin for on/standby is pop free of course)

It implements a reset or power up sequence upon loss of power but nothing special for detecting a momentary loss of power, or anything special for being shut down upon loss of power.

My board is completely silent upon removal of power though without any pops or clicks. I am guessing how power is managed on your board is vital towards this though and given another design I am sure mine would splutter all over the place. If the opamps lost their supply first I am sure this would create a pop or some sort.

TI don't however do this and not is it their recommended layout. So we shall see!

Source?

Dont really think they're renders, hence the emoticon. But dr Mords renders were so good that the picture and renders really look alike. With a bit better lighting it would be very difficult to extinguish

Yeah, the pictures were done in a rush, but from reality with an old cam. :) Lightning is done via pulled 17" notebook backlight. (Display removed)

I have quickly run through this thread, -indeed interesting!

CSTART voltage cannot be used directly to set the CM of an OPA1632 (which is preferred for input opamp over SE opamps in general), as it is not same voltage as the INPUT pins' DC level. However, the INPUT DC level is AVDD/2 and is, different from TAS5613A/30B, constant over PVDD range. The CM of the OPA1632 can be set to basically any voltage, as the AC coupling caps are still needed, if not a DC servo circuit is used.

Basically any voltage might be an issue when powering down the device, due to discharge imbalance of the coupling caps.

Last edited: