TPA3116D2 Amp

I might have to swap out the tiny SMT resistors to set it to 26dB if needed. Although I will listen to it first at 36dB to see what it sounds like. Although my miniDSP is having a hard time driving my current 24dB gain to high volumes so maybe this won't be so bad.

i have the red YJ board also.
Can you post a picture of the resistors that is involved with setting the gain ?
I want to set it around 26 db. and what are the values of the resistors?
thanks

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Just curious, can anyone tell which chip does this amp use? TPA3118??

TI??/PBTL30W!/ -

This amp listed at US$3.50 (not including shipping)!!

Regards,

Whoa! Nice find there - are you serious about the $3.50 price tag? 30 watt pbtl mono blocs are pretty cool. Given that it has pad down and 30 watts it is probably 3118d2. Nice sounding amp - I built my first tpa with this chip as deadbug on foam core. Odd with the 33 uH inductor though? What is shipping on this?

I might have to swap out the tiny SMT resistors to set it to 26dB if needed. Although I will listen to it first at 36dB to see what it sounds like. Although my miniDSP is having a hard time driving my current 24dB gain to high volumes so maybe this won't be so bad.

Let us know how that goes. I think I have one of these coming as well and will probably want the lower gain setting.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
i have the red YJ board also.
Can you post a picture of the resistors that is involved with setting the gain ?
I want to set it around 26 db. and what are the values of the resistors?
thanks

I don't have red board. Look at data sheet table 1: for 26dB you want R1 and R2 set to 20k and 100k, respectively.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tpa3116d2.pdf

You will have to look at trace on your board to see where those resistors are located.

Whoa! Nice find there - are you serious about the $3.50 price tag? 30 watt pbtl mono blocs are pretty cool. Given that it has pad down and 30 watts it is probably 3118d2. Nice sounding amp - I built my first tpa with this chip as deadbug on foam core. Odd with the 33 uH inductor though? What is shipping on this?

Well, the listed price is 22$RMB. Exchange rate is about 6 RMB to 1 US =>
3.7 US$. Really rock bottom price. Not sure about the shipping charge to North America though. Have to enquire.

Is this really the TPA3118 based amp?

Regards,

TI??/PBTL30W!/ -

Regards,

There seems to be similar board listed on aliexpress for 125 dollars :eek:

Item:ac1103 which is the same item number listed on Taoboa. This one says the price is for one bag and the weight listed is 2lb/1kg. Assuming that 1 bag is suppose to have multiple boards. Even translated wording are close.

I just got the red jy board in from china and I was playing around, had the volume up a bit when I connected the power supply and the speaker cones sucked in...? Definitely had all the wires attached right according to the board and my driver which I just now double checked with a 9volt battery. I think someone mentioned the chanels were reversed but is the polarity really mislabeled?

As I was working and studying at the same time, I left my TPA31xxD2 PCB project a side, but I just had finished, so I hope I have some spear time to finish it, if my coming baby alows me, as I expecting a little girl by the end of next week or beggining of the following...

Beside, last week it arrived the little blue board from taobao that now its listed in aliexpress, check the input pic, My electronics skill are low, but, Could be that the transistor Q1 allows to play this little board in PBTL!?...

Attachments

• PCB.jpeg
    PCB.jpeg
    688.6 KB · Views: 663
  • input.jpeg
    input.jpeg
    920 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member

TI??/PBTL30W!/ -

Regards,

I just got the red jy board in from china and I was playing around, had the volume up a bit when I connected the power supply and the speaker cones sucked in...? Definitely had all the wires attached right according to the board and my driver which I just now double checked with a 9volt battery. I think someone mentioned the chanels were reversed but is the polarity really mislabeled?

I never heard of this - thanks for pointing out. It can make a huge difference in dynamics and impulse response when phase is inverted. Can anyone else confirm if this is endemic in red YJ boards?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
As I was working and studying at the same time, I left my TPA31xxD2 project a side, but I just had finished, so I hope I have some spear time to finish it, if my coming baby alows me, as I expecting a little girl by the end of next week or beggining of the following...

Beside, last week it arrived the little blue board from taobao that now its listed in aliexpress, check the input pic, My electronics skill are low, but, Could be that the transistor Q1 allows to play this little board in PBTL!?...

Pbtl requires connecting outputs together in parallel and that cannot be done with single Q1. I am guessing this has to do with the ' no sonic boom' or anti turn on thumping feature, or maybe used to sense signal input on to turn amp on from silent sleep mode? Many sub amps do this so you don't have to power them off when not used.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thats seem to be the younger of the TPA31xxD2 family, wich is the TPA3130D2 that its 2x15W and I supose that in PBTL its 1x30W.

Good catch to see on it Aliexpress. Question is how many units per bag? I see solder pads for two more inductors so this can run as BTL in stereo. It is one of the most compact layouts at 2in x 2in. Has anyone seen the stereo brother? I assume 15 watts/ch.

Pbtl requires connecting outputs together in parallel and that cannot be done with single Q1. I am guessing this has to do with the ' no sonic boom' or anti turn on thumping feature, or maybe used to sense signal input on to turn amp on from silent sleep mode? Many sub amps do this so you don't have to power them off when not used.

Q1 is in the datasheet. It's the automute on fault transitor.

There seems to be similar board listed on aliexpress for 125 dollars :eek:

Item:ac1103 which is the same item number listed on Taoboa. This one says the price is for one bag and the weight listed is 2lb/1kg. Assuming that 1 bag is suppose to have multiple boards. Even translated wording are close.

Yup. The sellers in Aliexpress are not good in describing the items for sale. This is a "bulk" sale. Hey, may be we can get a GB going;)!!

Regards,