• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

Hi Rudi,

Any chance of adding some "Soft-Power-On PCB" in this run, as found in this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/187592-3-symasym-23.html#post2920352

When yes, I would like to have 4 of these.

Reason, the trafo below (2x 25V ringkerntransformator 300VA) can be ordered for € 47,43
2x 25V ringkerntransformator 300VA

where this one (2x 25V ringkerntransformator 225VA) has a price of € 62,25
2x 25V ringkerntransformator 225VA

I plan to build dual-mono layout as suggested here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/187592-3-symasym-64.html#post3310974

and practiced here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/187592-3-symasym-69.html#post3477169
Yea, yea, the heat-sinks shown here are too small, we have been there before :))

So when I order two of the cheaper 2x 25V ringkerntransformator 300VA I need a "Soft-Power-On PCB", to limit the inrush current.

PS. in my previous Post I did forget to add the 1 x 4% paypal costs

Kind regards
Bert

Did you take a look at Schuro?

Hi Rudi,

Any chance of adding some "Soft-Power-On PCB" in this run, as found in this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/187592-3-symasym-23.html#post2920352

When yes, I would like to have 4 of these.

Reason, the trafo below (2x 25V ringkerntransformator 300VA) can be ordered for € 47,43
2x 25V ringkerntransformator 300VA

where this one (2x 25V ringkerntransformator 225VA) has a price of € 62,25
2x 25V ringkerntransformator 225VA

I plan to build dual-mono layout as suggested here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/187592-3-symasym-64.html#post3310974

and practiced here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/187592-3-symasym-69.html#post3477169
Yea, yea, the heat-sinks shown here are too small, we have been there before :))

So when I order two of the cheaper 2x 25V ringkerntransformator 300VA I need a "Soft-Power-On PCB", to limit the inrush current.

PS. in my previous Post I did forget to add the 1 x 4% paypal costs

Kind regards
Bert

Ask at Badel,

my 400VA Transformer (4x 25 V Secondaries), including Schirmwicklung, Low-Inductance Version, Magnetic shield, cup epoxy moulded was only 65 €s. This is the one I currently use with the standard Birger's Symasym PCBs and is far more then sufficient.

Really quick shipping (around 2 weeks), and absolutely high quality from these guys.

Regards,

Fabian

Trafo options

meanman1964 and Fabian85,

Both thanks for your hints, however I did not have an issue selecting the transformer (now I have, the Schuro tranformers are tempting)

Schuro sells interesting products for a reasonable price.

Badel at seem to produce to order, so I have to specify the product, that is a bit too much for me.

Schuro and ringkerntrafo.nl are webshops, where ringkerntrafo.nl gives you the full specification of the product, where Schuro does not have specs for the transformers online.

I have ordered stuff from ringkerntrafo.nl before and they ship fast (in the netherlands within two days)

Edit: I did remove the links to Schuro and Badel

Bert

Last edited:
Hello Rudi,

I'm really happy that I can finally participate in a group buy.
As you stated that the ordering will end Monday 11th we are really
close to the end.

I would like to participate and order :
2 x Black Beauty PCB
2 x 2 Pairs of NJW0281/NJW0302
2 x 2 x 0R22 Resistor
2 x MKT1822/10µ + MKT1837 10nF
1 x Shipping to Germany
1 x Paypal fees

Additionally I would favour to have the PCBs cut into pieces.
It's ok for me to use Paypal to pay for the parts.

Am I right that this order is sufficient to build a stereo version of the amp (with the rest of the parts on the BoM) ?
Is there any estimation for the time of delivery ?

Best regards,
TrustinTech

Hello Rudi,

I'm really happy that I can finally participate in a group buy.
As you stated that the ordering will end Monday 11th we are really
close to the end.

I would like to participate and order :
2 x Black Beauty PCB
2 x 2 Pairs of NJW0281/NJW0302
2 x 2 x 0R22 Resistor
2 x MKT1822/10µ + MKT1837 10nF
1 x Shipping to Germany
1 x Paypal fees

Additionally I would favour to have the PCBs cut into pieces.
It's ok for me to use Paypal to pay for the parts.

Am I right that this order is sufficient to build a stereo version of the amp (with the rest of the parts on the BoM) ?
Is there any estimation for the time of delivery ?

Best regards,
TrustinTech

Besides the parts of the BoM and the one's you ordered you will need matched 2SK170BL and a transformer / transformers.

Gentlemen, this group-buy is closed now and I will not accept any further requests.

Find attached the final order list.
I could reduce the price for nearly every component, since we have reached a lower scale of discount (>25 of each).

I ask you to transfer the the final amount (given in column TOTAL; the curreny is € !) to my PAYPAL account: RRozek@t-online.de.
I will order the components, after I have received all of your transfers.

It normally takes about 4 weeks, until I will receive the etched PCBs.
I will then send you all of the ordered components.

I will send to you all a Builder's Guide (written in English), drill template, ... vial EMail.
Please make sure that your home- and EMail-address matches the one that you have stored in the PAYPAL form.

I revised the BoM of the SYMASYM- / Speaker Protect- section.
Here is it:

https://secure.reichelt.de/index.html?&ACTION=20&AWKID=940926&PROVID=2084

The BoM of the PSU-section did not change:

https://secure.reichelt.de/index.html?&ACTION=20&AWKID=939684&PROVID=2084

Please do not blame it on me, if the BoMs are not 100% complete (I have done my best though!).

The BoM does not include:

- transformer
- heatsinks
- input differential transistors (my advice is to either use 2SK170, MPSA18 or BC550C)

I will now wait for your money transfers.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 503
Rudi, thank you very much for your work! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

By the way: the numbers and values of the resistor link you gave me via PN did not change? So if its ok for you, can i post it here for other people who, like me, prefer to use higher quality resistors like Vishay / PRP / Takman. Since they are no "few cent parts" like the Reichelt resistors, it is a nice to know orientation how many one would have to order.

Regards,

Fabian

Last edited:
Gentlemen, Watchtmouse, WillNamennichtnennen:

I do currently have no Soft-Power-On PCBs at hand.
But I can order 10pcs. of the one shown in the attached image.

The size of the PCB is 90 x 69mm; its colour is green; its price is 4.50€ per PCB.
It can be used for 230VAC/50Hz (you need an EI30-1 transformer / 12VAC) as well as for 115VAC/60Hz (you need the TAMURA 2FD-212).

The schematic uses a LM555 timer module and 2 relays.
The top relay is closed as soon as the 7812 voltage regulator shows 12VDC on its output. At this time the current is limited by 2 NTCs (the shown values are a proposal).

As soon as the delay time (determined by the 100K resistor and 10µF capacitor - giving a delay of about 1.1sec) has expired, the bottom relay will close, bypass the NTCs and the mains current flows unhindered.

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• topview.png
    topview.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 502
@Fabian, WillNamennichtnennen, ...: if you are planning to buy a 400VA/4x25VAC transformer from BADEL, as specified by customer, with all extras ("Schickimicki"), I would like and join you and buy one myself!

Maybe one of you can start a "transformer-groupbuy" for the BADEL's transformer (here in this thread).

The way I have layouted this SYMASYM "cries" for a transformer like this!

Best regards - Rudi

P.S.: Nobody needs a Soft-Power-On PCB unless the consumed power is significantly higher han 500VA.
P.P.S.: A "green" forum's name means: "Money received".

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    25 KB · Views: 467