• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

Michael, I have prepared 2 BoMs:

The 1st one includes the parts for 1 PSU and is shown here:

Warenkorb übernehmen - Elektronik und Technik bei reichelt elektronik günstig bestellen

Its price is about 17€ (per PSU). The transformer(s) is (are) not included.

The 2nd one includes the parts for 2 SYMASYM-PCBs incl. SpeakerProtection and is shown here:

Warenkorb übernehmen - Elektronik und Technik bei reichelt elektronik günstig bestellen

Its price is about 51€.

The price of a complete set of PCBs and components is about 81€ (see below).

You then have to add:

- the offered set of components: 81€
- the components needed for 2 SYMASYM and SpeakerProtection: 51€
- the components needed for 1 or 2 PSUs: 17€ resp. 34€

You need 1 or 2 transformers, heatsinks and a case addtionally.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image5.png
    Image5.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 638
Rudi, regarding PSU, is there any purpose the 10 000 uf is not instaled next to bridge rectifier ? I am used to see biggest capacitance just after rectifier.
You will provide also the matched sk170's ?

Congratulations for another great project!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gentlemen, find attached an update of your orders.

I have changed the SYMASYM's / SpeakerProtect's BoM to include insulating material and spaceholders.
The updated BoM can now be found at: https://secure.reichelt.de/index.html?&ACTION=20&AWKID=940016&PROVID=2084

I have included Silicon pads as insulation material.
Allthough some experts in this forum (like AndrewT. or FranzM) prefer to use MICA washers, I prefer the textile Silicon pads, since they are very easy to handle and the SYMASYM is not an "ultra-high power-consuming" amplifer.
(Please refer to Rod Elliott's article: ESP - Heatsink design and transistor mounting Chapter 7).

ATUPI: I am using two paralleled 2.200µF capacitors directly behind the rectifier to obtain "a low ESR capacitor". The big capacitor is used in the 0R1 / 10.000µF highpass filter.

I do not offer matched input-differential 2Sk170 transistors this time.
There are several ebay-sellers (for example) that offer them.

Attachments

• Image6.png
    Image6.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 612
@Scalpel: I have attached the BoM as a .pdf - file.

I have already been told that I have included some resistor-values that are not used on the PCB.
I will discard them and give you the updated URL of the BoM on coming Monday.

Please have a careful look at the BoM.
For example: I have included "Soldering Nails - Item No.: RTM 1,3 - 100" and "Solder Lugs - Item No: RF 1,3 -100" (see image below), which account for 5€!
The solder - nails and -lugs are used to connect to the RCA-input and measurement points (for bias adjustment).
If you solder these directly on the PCB, you do not need the nails and lugs and save some money.

Michael: since you do not have a PAYPAL-ID, I will give you my bank account of Hamburger Sparkasse.

I will close this group-buy on coming Monday (August 11th) and will then do a final quote for the PCBs and components.
Maybe that I will be able to decrease the prices a little bit.
I will then give you my PAYPAL-ID (resp. bank account) amd ask you to pay me until the end of next week.

Find attached an update of your orders.

The column "Cut he PCB means": I will cut the PCB into 2 parts: the SYMASYM and SpeakerProtection on the one hand and the PSU on the other.

Attachments

• BoM.pdf
    78.8 KB · Views: 130
  • RTM13.png
    RTM13.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 559
  • Image1.png
    Image1.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 541
interest in the Soft-Power-On PCB

Hi Rudi,

Any chance of adding some "Soft-Power-On PCB" in this run, as found in this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/187592-3-symasym-23.html#post2920352

When yes, I would like to have 4 of these.

Reason, the trafo below (2x 25V ringkerntransformator 300VA) can be ordered for € 47,43
2x 25V ringkerntransformator 300VA

where this one (2x 25V ringkerntransformator 225VA) has a price of € 62,25
2x 25V ringkerntransformator 225VA

I plan to build dual-mono layout as suggested here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/187592-3-symasym-64.html#post3310974

and practiced here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/187592-3-symasym-69.html#post3477169
Yea, yea, the heat-sinks shown here are too small, we have been there before :))

So when I order two of the cheaper 2x 25V ringkerntransformator 300VA I need a "Soft-Power-On PCB", to limit the inrush current.

PS. in my previous Post I did forget to add the 1 x 4% paypal costs

Kind regards
Bert