• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

In my experience with the original Wayne's boards the trimmer has a very wide range as well. VERY sensitive to adjustment and it is pretty difficult to get to absolute zero. I'll also confirm there is some fluctuation with temperature change. I let my boards heat up for a good 30 minutes before final adjustment.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Nico,
All of my audio input interfaces (except new Behringer UC2) are Focusrite products Solo, 2i2, or 2i4 2nd gen and their rated maximum full scale input is 22dBu. That converts to 27.6Vpp or 9.75Vrms. I always like to stay at no more than -10dB FS to prevent clipping o saturation.

Scarlett Solo | Focusrite

Look under detailed specs.

The front end on the Focusrites have a 50dB gain knob and have 52k input impedance.

They are quite robust little units considering sometimes they get lit red meaning clipped input. There is an LED light ring that tells you if you clip.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
I think we have enough interest to start another GB for the Yarra board set. The logistics of doing a GB via the PayPal invoice system was just too much for me and I am going to try something different. I have posted the Yarra as a listing on my Etsy shop as a pre-order. When I receive enough orders to proceed with the GB, I will place the order for the boards. Note that the price is slightly higher to cover the higher overhead on Etsy and to cover the bonus input selector board that has pads for either Lorlin or C&K rotary switches.

Yarra is here:
Yarra Class A modular preamplifier PCB | Etsy

If you choose to get Melbourne or WBA18 daughter boards at the same time, choose the options that include them limited to one pair of each type or 1 pair of both DBs on this order.

If you just want to order WBA18 daughterboards, the listing is here:
WBA18 Class A preamplifier daughterboards | Etsy

Melbourne’s are here:
Melbourne Class A preamplifier daughterboards | Etsy

Last edited:
Hello guys,

HIFI2000 YARRA enclosure rear plate progress...

JP

Attachments

• 7riHk5Ss_FHD.jpg
    7riHk5Ss_FHD.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 290
  • 20190612_101052_FHD.jpg
    20190612_101052_FHD.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 603
Hi Folks,
I think we have enough interest to start another GB for the Yarra board set. The logistics of doing a GB via the PayPal invoice system was just too much for me and I am going to try something different. I have posted the Yarra as a listing on my Etsy shop as a pre-order. When I receive enough orders to proceed with the GB, I will place the order for the boards. Note that the price is slightly higher to cover the higher overhead on Etsy and to cover the bonus input selector board that has pads for either Lorlin or C&K rotary switches.

Yarra is here:
Yarra Class A modular preamplifier PCB | Etsy

If you choose to get Melbourne or WBA18 daughter boards at the same time, choose the options that include them limited to one pair of each type or 1 pair of both DBs on this order.

If you just want to order WBA18 daughterboards, the listing is here:
WBA18 Class A preamplifier daughterboards | Etsy

Melbourne’s are here:
Melbourne Class A preamplifier daughterboards | Etsy

So, can we pre order now? and does this override any interest shown in the thread. Just to clear things up for people and avoid doubling up on orders.
(I think I'll be after 2 sets of the WBA18).

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Yes, if the item is available for preorder it will appear in the shop. The list on the thread is to gauge interest - and unofficial. The ultimate list is the Etsy shop order list. Please note that Etsy requires me to ship to exactly the address you have listed. If it doesn’t work you need to edit it until it is accepted by the USPS website as a valid address. India and HK are where I have the most problems as they often have relative address as the standard (“3rd door of 5th house house after the butcher shop on intersection of street X and Y.,” etc) :)