• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

YARRA enclosure still in production. Here view on the rear front silkscreen in progress.

Really nice guys hat HIFI2000: they let me know progress precisely.

JP

Attachments

• Rear_YARRA_HIFI2000.png
    Rear_YARRA_HIFI2000.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 594
There Is a very nice Aspen single ended to balanced converter but that’s not DIY. Would you be ok with a nice opamp implementation with a THAT1646 placed after the Melbourne?

Those things are ultra low distortion and are like a wire with no gain but simply split signal into two phases and can drive 600ohm loads.

The THAT1646 looks like it could work pretty well. I’ve even considered using a pair of transformers to drive the XLR outputs.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
JPS64 - 2 boards
xrk971 - 2 boards
Vunce - 2 boards
Roundtoit - 2 boards
Carl Huff - 2 boards
Gary S - 2 boards
Meanie - 2 boards
Big E - 2 boards
Kokanee - 2 boards + 1 Yarra MB
MD_Stryker - 2 boards
arthur - 6 boards,if possible, 3 Yarra boards
afoor - 2 boards
Russellc - 2 boards
jhofland - 2 boards
Oracle1 - 2 boards
skunark - 4 boards, 1 yarra board
TungstenAudio - 2 boards
bologna1 - 2 boards
windwardmt - 2 boards
ZUM911 - 2 boards
Batty - 2 boards
bk856er - 2 boards (+ interest in a surface mount version)
Modman - 2 boards
sampsonite - 2 boards
TboneAK - 2 boards - 1 Yarra board set
BEYoung - 4 boards
mordikai - 2 boards

I can see building a two-channel daughtercard (for Yara main board usage) using the Korg 6P1 for about 15dB of gain using the first part of Papa's B1 Korg, followed by a pair of THAT1646 for another 6dB of gain and balanced outputs. Get a little of that old-timey negative 2nd harmonic going with all the modern advantages of low output impedance balanced outputs. The negative polarity of the B1 Korg can also be corrected with the THAT differential buffer.

I've got a kit for Papa's Xmas B1 Korg that I'm planning to put in a separate enclosure, possibly to be powered by one of my ACAs. Being the crazy guy I am, was thinking of using a Naim Nac62 pre as a donor chassis and main board. But I've also got the Yara board set with the spiffy Yara chassis on order. Lots of possibilities.

Last edited:
Hello builders,

we´ve a total of 4 inputs and 2 outputs.

YARRA KORG B1 one ready, asking who interested?

We´ve been asked for symmetrical output. Please thank Hugh from Aspen Amplifier for his gift: the new YARRA option will provide one symmetrical output.

Work in progress:
- power distribution rail (two +/-V; one external supply)
- new rear backpanel (only the two new XLR male output are to drill no additionally modification)
- Aspen Amplifier copyrighted symmetrical Output PCB Add-On
- transformers symmetrical Output PCB Add-On (EDCOR ones)

- perhaps one more OPAMP symmetrical Output PCB Add-On (THT1646)

Still working on third YARRA option (only 3D view at the moment, description comming).

JP

Attachments

• YAO_6P1_1.png
    YAO_6P1_1.png
    279.8 KB · Views: 311
  • YAO_6P1_2.png
    YAO_6P1_2.png
    318 KB · Views: 280
  • YAONR2_1.png
    YAONR2_1.png
    278.2 KB · Views: 281
  • YAONR2_2.png
    YAONR2_2.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 278
  • YAONR3_1.png
    YAONR3_1.png
    623.2 KB · Views: 141
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Yarra Builders,

JPS64 has been very busy coming up with lots of optional features and even major upgrades to the Yarra platform that I want to show you the plan for all of this as you may be asking yourself how does this affect the current Yarra PCB and HiFi2000 case that you have on order?

Here is what JPS64 has planned:
Possible configurations:
YARRA + MELBOURNE + HIFI2000 enclosure
YARRA + WBA18 + HIFI2000 enclosure
coming YARRA + KORG 6P1 (if interested) + HIFI2000 enclosure
coming YARRA + Hugh SYM (or EDCOR, or THT1646 or OPAMP) + HIFI2000 enclosure with new rear plate (2x XLR male)
coming YARRA + MICRO controller + Touch TFT + HIFI2000 new frontplate: upgrade for existing previously listed versions (have to take account of symmetrical output option, not yet implemented)

The basic idea is that the Yarra and Melbourne and HiFi2000 case are the default 1st iteration. We will proceed with the WB18 daughterboards (I ordered verification build boards already) that you can add immediately to this configuration.

In the future, we will add optional Aspen balanced line out feature, Korg Nutube option, opamp option, etc. and also optional micro controller with phone app control via WiFi and LCD touch panel control.

Think of the Yarra as the Swiss Army Knife of preamps. Or perhaps the PCI bus of preamps. :)

As always, a big hats off to JPS64 and Aksa for their generosity in giving us all of these goodies.

JPS64 - 2 boards
xrk971 - 2 boards
Vunce - 2 boards
Roundtoit - 2 boards
Carl Huff - 2 boards
Gary S - 2 boards
Meanie - 2 boards
Big E - 2 boards
Kokanee - 2 boards + 1 Yarra MB
MD_Stryker - 2 boards
arthur - 6 boards,if possible, 3 Yarra boards
afoor - 2 boards
Russellc - 2 boards
jhofland - 2 boards
Oracle1 - 2 boards
skunark - 4 boards, 1 yarra board
TungstenAudio - 2 boards
bologna1 - 2 boards
windwardmt - 2 boards
ZUM911 - 2 boards
Batty - 2 boards
bk856er - 2 boards (+ interest in a surface mount version)
Modman - 2 boards
sampsonite - 2 boards
TboneAK - 2 boards - 1 Yarra board set
BEYoung - 4 boards
mordikai - 2 boards
Asuslover- 2 Melbourne boards+ 1 Yarra board

Thank you