The Well synchronized asynchronous FIFO buffer - Slaved I2S reclocker

It is quite clear what your board is supposed to do. The only puzzling thing is why do you have pins 2 and 4 connected on TDA1541? That is not needed in any of the 3 TDA1541 modes. But it probably does not hurt either.

Regarding isolators if you want to isolate the FIFO you should have isolator on FIFO output as well. Don't know if either isolator is really needed.

Hi bohrok. Maybe I am wrong but for non A version, pins 2 and 4 must be tied together (https://www.audialonline.com/community/topic/non-a-tda1541/)

The OIR board provides isolation and reclocking at the output so it is already isolated. But as OIR board will be powered with the same regulator as the clean side of the FIFO I need to power the other isolator with a different sec/reg psu, at least the side touching the TDA.
First approach was the dc-dc but, as Mark correctly pointed out, they seem to be quite noisy so I am thinking about another solution. Been reading about SN6501 + PushPull transformer but not sure it is a good choice....

SCH_TDA_BREAKOUT_1-TDA_BREAKOUT_2023-12-20.png

True! In original PCB, I2S signals (red arrow in diagram) would enter into TDA1541 when IC was populated. When the breakout board is installed, those I2S signals are routed to the XH connector through the isolator)
Mark, so the XH is an output connector and the U.FL are the inputs.

I am been reading the datasheet of high speed optocouplers (50Mbps) and they only need to be powered in one side. What do you think?? Are they good for this purpose. I think Andrea is using them but not sure....

Some delicate soldering ;) just to get me up and running quickly rather than using the supplied connector, will use a more robust setup later before I
move it to a case. Great to hear another pleased customer discovering the fruits of Andreas work (y) (y)
Hi, I'm writing you here cause my account is new and I can't send private messeges.
Would you be able to help me with replacing my AMANERO 384 board with I2SoverUSB for the DAC BIG 7.
I read that you have expirience with it and you did it in the past.
Would you be able to send me a private messege and help me with this? Thanks a lot in advance.