The Weather

No problem when the caf has hot dogs and sauerkraut on soft buns with yellow mustard I order two.
I get one after visiting my cardiologist at NY Hospital on York Ave. I said ONE!

Cleveland Museum used to have hot dogs in the hoi polis caf, now they have lentils, not that i mind lentils...

Speaking of which frankfurter, the Boars Head variety are now my favorites.

I get one after visiting my cardiologist at NY Hospital on York Ave. I said ONE!

Cleveland Museum used to have hot dogs in the hoi polis caf, now they have lentils, not that i mind lentils...

Speaking of which frankfurter, the Boars Head variety are now my favorites.

Smith's hotdogs are made in Erie Pa. If you find some you just might find they are even better.

When I recently got a stress test the cardiologist asked me why I was there! Seems like that was good news.

When I recently got a stress test the cardiologist asked me why I was there!

So did mine.....then I failed it.....and a second one, which resulted in a trip to the cardiac cath lab, where they found no issues.

It's cold today, 25 degrees F (about -4C). No snow yet, but I have needed to scrape ice from the car windshield several mornings already this year.

Dr. Derf,

I can find a sponsor for you at the University of Alaska.

It's okay, I'll suffer here for at least a short while, and reserve a trip to the great north during summer months. :)

P.S. A good friend of mine is now at CMU for grad school. And I don't think she manages the cold quite so well but seems to enjoy her program quite a lot.

Last edited:
Scraped the windshield this morning.

I have had to scrape the windshield on most mornings for the past two weeks. The lowest so far has been 23 F. This morning it was 29 F but 74 F by mid afternoon. TV, radio and internet all seem to agree......SNOW tomorrow afternoon.....

A good friend of mine is now at CMU for grad school.

Possible snow there too, about 60 miles northeast of here.

It was a unconscionable 52 F/11 C. Terrible. I actually had to wear a light jacket.

At 52 F I don't always even need a shirt or shoes, depends on wind and humidity....and this is after 61 years of life in the broiler known as south Florida.

Last edited:
Ah, too bad for ya' guys.....it broke into the mid seventies(F) for a stretch of a few days......all the girls started stripping down, short booty spandex shorts, etc.... I guess I'll just have to suffer....it'll just be getting better...when school ends all the tourists will flock here...tripling the population...more eye candy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------Rick..........