The Weather

Joined 2014
Paid Member
... Perhaps a classic soup?
Firenettle soup with a boiled egg or two is very nice. Just use the tender bits, make compost-tea with the rest.

My mother used to make nettle soup. She's of that generation. I haven't replicated but maybe should try one time. Fiddleheads I'm still not sure about even after reading about them on the food thread.

So dylexia is a crime? Tell Alan Blumlein. His mother paid a tutor to get him into a better school. That man said he was a genius. Alan was said to be modest also. Georing ( Goring dots over the O) lost the war due to him some say.

A forum is the only chance a person might have to make a difference. It side steps usual ways to do it. Equally what you like is fine.

English is not a first language for some.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, back with the weather -- it's been so hot and dry in the Pacific NW of the US that they are just allowing the cherries to wither in the tree -- gonna have a bumper crop of birds next year.

Yes, it is really hot and the air quality is bad in the California central valley. We have moved to the California north coast for the summer. The high today will be 65 degrees.

Thanks DT

Mostly here we have the Ostrich fern for fiddleheads and some will eat the Bracken but I steer clear of them. For the most part our climate is ideal for ferns it's just sometimes it gets a little warm around here. Today is nice though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 10.12.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 10.12.22 AM.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 154
I drove back from Manasses VA today, where my daughter lives. High temp was 95F (35C) with a feels like 103F (39.5C).

AC in the truck had trouble keeping up.

I returned home to find my NEST thermostat decided I didn't need AC and the temp was 84F (28.9C) in the house. I am still waiting for the AC to cool it down.

Tonight will be sweltering.

Weather = climate = forest fires = dead coral = sea level rise. The Brits think they talk about weather more than any. Try the French on that. Anyone actually. My dad says Whether has an H so has to be sounded. Weather doesn't.

I must speak out about dyslexia and autism as some will call it ( Dyslexia is still a NO NO subject, they rather call it Autism ). I was in the eductionally subnormal group at school ( IQ 70 to 80 ). I then came top of the school in maths. A teacher helped me see I could do it, chess also. Martin Norton. He taught himself electronics and taught me. High impedance microphone amplifiers and school mates as wires the sound went through. My son went through the same. My wife and I insisted he was classified. The head was furious, " It could cost a fortune and he is lazy ". It didn't cost a fortune. By mistake I opened a letter of his from MENSA recently, he was very embarrased as he is a member.

Many of my engineers were dyslexic. Could it be the boss trusts them? One has the ability of a backwards 8 year old if he panics. He wired most of the Concorde flight decks. The French knew and the Brits didn't, he worked in the UK. His mates did the paperwork for him. Team work!

FIGHT FOR YOUR KIDS. I too am too lazy when I can't do things. With AI it will be a thing of the past soon. Scribes may have to fight then instead.

I said to someone how beautiful Jimmy Hughes was as a hi fi writer " No mate, that's the editor, Jimmy has the ideas". Jimmy taught me turntables hands on rather than words in print. MISSISSIPPI. That's logical. However Marlborough and Marlboro sound different. Pearson was a name written down by a dyslexic in perhaps the 1300s. Pierson suits it's sound better.

Engineers must solve the " dyslexia " of vision over climate change. It's not a religion. I asked someone who knows who they are if the two Technics SP10 I had could be run on a 5.5 Hz sine wave. He said Technics don't do it that way. Great. I asked this man and he said how to do it and I must not share it. The home of Hi Fi An expert's expert? The reason I infer why JVC-Panasonic didn't is Denon would not like it.

I will make this quick as I feel this might be more on message. My old boss phoned me yesterday. A friend of his is a scientist in Antarctica. With nothing better to do the team discuss how much electricity the world will need. They are baffled. Not nearly enough soon. They don't think rationing willl work. Better idea for now is lakes to store water in and a hydroelectric dam ( the water is also water if required, they exist already and the maths isn't bad ). These scientists are weather men. But, what would they know? Canada, you have it made.

20C overcast today in wonderful Dorset. 16C = 61F 28C = 82F and these are nice spring summer min to max . More accurate than many thermometers.