The Weather

It was my first day of spring in my new house. I told my boss I would return to my work later as I needed my garden. 16 C or 61 F. Bright sun which might be brighter due to reduced aircraft. Moment to moment it felt almost hot in my little suntrap. The birds seem to accept me and the fish I inherited seem to know me now. I have often been to Cyprus at this time of year and had similar weather. All the daffodils are out, buds and flowers showing.

It made it to 74 F here yesterday, but it was extremely windy with gusts up to 50 mph. It apparently killed the weather station at our local airport because I'm not getting any ASOS (Automated Surface Observation System) reports on my VHF radio. Now it's ~50 F with a forecast high of ~64 F.

Parenthetically, I've been to Lakewood quite often. I'm not certain why, but I always seem to gravitate there when I make it to the Cleveland area. I suppose it's just because it's a nice place. Had a wonderful breakfast once at the Borderline Cafe, and the tacos at Barrio are excellent too.

Frozen mud is some slippery stuff.
Coming from the land of red clay, I completely understand.

Nice sunny day here in Georgina, going up to 8C, I see the rabbits are happy with the new growth of grass, esp over the septic tank and the red breasted thrushes (Robins) have returned looking for worms. Squirrels digging up the lawn like usually. Daffodils and tulips are up, will be a while before we see any flowers.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Not cold, today fell from a few degrees up to right-at-freezing. With snow....

Attachments

• Snow9April2020.jpg
    Snow9April2020.jpg
    956.2 KB · Views: 72

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
We got a lot of birch-trees bent down to the ground. Won't kill them, but they may never go straight again.

It measures 3 inches but shovels like 9 inches. Very Heavy!!

I don't like it. Kind of slop that breaks power lines.

It will melt off trees and lines by noon, and overall in a day or so.