The Weather

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Albany, Berlin, Caribou getting snow, 9 May.

Plan is for it to head up to Fredericton but only graze Maine coast and miss Halifax. We'll see.

Attachments

• Sno-9-May-2020-42.gif
    Sno-9-May-2020-42.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 104
Went from a somewhat cool spring to summer in 48 hours. It tipped the scale at 30º today as the jet stream did its impression of a phallic symbol, with us smack dab in the middle down where the... well never mind. Our covered balcony got to 36º. I know that's not fair as it's enclosed on three sides (two walls and a metal canopy but still...

I cannot believe Kamloops is cooler than here but maybe that rascal jet stream didn't quite molest you the way it did us. I know the YVR airport says 22º for Vancouver (our official 'Environment Canada' weather station) but that's just silly, it's right on the ocean. Here in beautiful and distinguished Surrey, (ducking) it's uncomfortable to have the doors open. We will wait till about 7 or 8 pm before that happens.
OTOH, I got to sleep out on the balcony last night and didn't have to listen to my honey's 'cute snoring' as she calls it.

had snow a few times today, sun came out a few times, just weird for this time of the year if you ask me

I saw snow come from a clear blue sky twice today. Most of the morning was gloomy but occasionally the sky would clear up.

There is a ridge between us and the Ohio river. The warm water in the river and the humid mist rising from it seems to make it snow there when it's not snowing here, but a strong wind from the west will blow snow over the ridge.

Thursday I spent the day outside mowing dressed in just shorts. Today, that damp wind was too cold for outdoor fun.

Attachments

• P3730112_x.jpg
    P3730112_x.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 68
  • P3730124_x.jpg
    P3730124_x.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 70