The Weather

We have lots of theese flying talibans.

Fiskm%C3%A5sar.jpg

They build their nests all over the town on rooftops. They wake you up at 3-4 in the morning. And you learn never to park you car near a lamppost.
When the "seagullings" are out and running their parents are attacking any one come near with the fiery of Stuka bombers.

I wish they would cull a few of them around here.
I know of a person who is a drunkn idiot and decided to take on a Canada Goose, it put up a good fight, I was told = stupid. They are nasty :) esp if you have your hands around its neck. our turkey are passive compared to the mean geese. stupid things challenge cars on the road, some pay the ultimate price.

It's raining and raining and raining. A typical Swedish Summer.

Ever been to Seattle? In reality they get lots of soft rain spread out through the day. It is rare when they have a hard rain storm. It is the total annual rainfall that is so large.

Around here the tv weather folks predict lots of storms because it appears newsier and ups ratings. So on most days I still have to water my corn. Normal for here is "waist high by the 4th of July." My first plantings are doing better and I should have the first ready to eat ears in a few weeks.

Do stay dry. (But wetting your thirst is of course a different issue.)

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
We have lots of these flying talibans.

Few hours south of me:

Seagull steals lobster roll out of Maine tourist’s hand in epic photo
'A woman visiting York, Maine this weekend to try her first-ever lobster roll learned that even the best-laid plans often go awry when a sly seagull swiped the delicacy right out of her hand — but not before capturing the moment in a wild photo.
'Alicia Jessop, a 34-year-old Pepperdine University professor, intended to chronicle the first bite of her pricey sandwich with the perfect photo. Finding a scenic spot with the Nubble Lighthouse overlooking the sea in the background, she framed the sandwich to get the shot.
'But then a seagull photo-bombed the shoot and stole the sandwich right out of her hand.
'"I was really embarrassed. You hear stories of people taking crazy Instagram pictures and hurting themselves and I was like, 'Oh my God, you are now that person. You just wasted $21.50 for a picture,'" Jessop said.'

Jessop succeeded in trying a lobster roll on her second attempt.

Attachments

• seagull-lobster-roll.jpg
    seagull-lobster-roll.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited: