The Weather

30831277184_aaf11b4a45_c.jpg
31778436165_04f260aaae_c.jpg

Good times, eh Jeff?

Hey, thanks for the reminder pics. Staring out the window at the pouring rain, I wonder if we'll ever see a snowfall of that magnitude again?

jeff

Rain has set in big time.

Watauga is at flood stage.

It was approaching the road at Lovers Lane in Elizabethton TN at 4pm this evening as I went by the bridge. There were two cop cars blocking the access to the landing.

Upstream in the mountains they have flood level waters covering roads.

If this continues, people will lose everything, houses will be swept away by the water.

Hopefully there will be no loss of life this time.

... lift your spirits.
apparently its also rum time.

rum to the rescue!

...again

Raising this evenings last glass of AJ and 60% to you.

Hope I get to meet you next time in Vancouver Island, Cal.
Maybe in 2020, the missus is demanding to go to Bali in 2019.
Really wanted to go to BC this year, but it didn't work out... A shame really...

-6c now, Wish I was out in the woods in a tent, watching the stars.

Kaffimann - Cal’s on the mainland side of the Salish Sea, and our micro-climates hereabouts are sufficiently variable that while we’re all in the Pacific North-Wet, some neighbourhoods are wetter than others.

BC is a pretty big place (35% larger than Texas) with lots to see beyond just Stanley Park and the Canada Place - everything from wine country that I dare say is the equal in quality if not scale to anything in California, to world class snow skiing, surfing - to name a few. Two weeks wouldn’t be a fair taste test, and if your home currency is either Euros or USD, we’re on sale at almost 30% discount currently.

Chris, been to Vancouver Island a few times, because of family. Not really interested in the rest of BC.
Time is indeed valuable, last time I went there was 2013(?). My father lived there, he passed away recently, I tried my best to make him feel at peace even if it was from a distance. I have two brothers near Port Alberni.
A bit difficult having family spread all over the globe.

-6 c now.

I have had two consecutive days of outdoor table saw and router table weather dressed in only a pair of jeans (35 to 45 F and sunny)......that ends tomorrow with rain and possible snow.

The glue is drying now on another project, still far from finished. Most would not consider it an audio project, but it will contain some components from Parts Express and a bunch of 18650 cells.

doesn't all antifreeze contain some type of alcohol?

I never did read exactly why your arm is in a sling - surgery of some sort, I presume?

Mild enough here, but did have a spot of rain last week. During the worst windstorm on the West Coast in terms of power outages that BC Hydro has ever recorded ( almost 2 weeks to repair in some areas, and over 800,00 without power ) we had only a brief flicker of lights one evening, and the internet didn't blink.

A lot of branches still to come down, and with yet more rain and winds predicted, those line crews may yet be pulling some more overtime.

Hi Mr Gimp. I see two HD motorcycles on my dog walks and think of you.

I have often wondered if pure antifreeze could be used. OK it's specific heat capacity is worse than water. That's everything really. I think at 4.2Kj/Kg/K . It might not matter as the capacity is not the whole question. I know 50/50 is often stated. Diesel is circa 1 kJ from memory. Water is a poor conductor so needs help to do a good job (Boiling one end of a test tube and ice at the other ). For drones I recomended Diesel could be a universal lubricant-coolent. It was a two stroke Diesel with stepped piston where a four stroke bottom end can be used, Dunault in the 1920's did it I think. It is the last design from the man who designed the Norton Comando. Mr Eastwood had one of them that he bought in bits. Respect. Must have cost him a fist full of dollars.

Cold for the next week, with flurries, but no expected accumulation.

Good luck with that!

That's what the Weather Channel said for us last night. A "few flurries possible in the morning."

When I left for the gym this morning at 7 AM there was a fine snowy mist in the air, zero on the car. At 8 AM there was a few flakes falling from the sky, and they were still calling for a few flurries. Around 9 AM someone shook up the snow globe!

It's almost 2 PM and it hasn't stopped snowing. Every hour the Weather Channel says the snow will stop in 1 hour. There is over an inch of show on the picnic table where I was woodworking yesterday.

I need about 10 minutes with the spindle sander to fix one of yesterday's screw ups (the speaker won't quite fit the hole). Every time the snow slows down and I think about a quick setup, sand, then tear down, someone shakes up the snow globe again. I'm tempted to go play in the snow!