The Singing Bush

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I was listening to the SissySIT previously. The thing that I notice the most with the new amp in my system is that the image is more solid and central, and the sound in the lows have more impact. I noticed that immediately when I first heard it, and I noticed it the other day when I switch from the SissySIT and put the amps back into play after the modification.

This new amp also plays louder at the same volume setting so I set the volume control lower for the same listening level.

My speakers, older Avantgarde Unos, even though they are 103bB sensitive, sound better with this amp. So I think that even though the higher power may not be needed, perhaps the quality of the first few watts and the ability to easily handle peaks are why these amps sound good. Or perhaps it is also due to the higher H2, although looking back at your distortion measurements for the SissySIT, its distortion is only a bit lower.

I have read many people say that the Avantgarde speakers do not need power, and 2A3 amps work well. I disagree. The woofers are powered, but their input is line level from the system amplifier. So the amplifier in the system still needs to be able to handle bass. So from that perspective, the extra power is useful.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have read many people say that the Avantgarde speakers do not need power, and 2A3 amps work well. I disagree. The woofers are powered, but their input is speaker level from the system amplifier. So the amplifier in the system still needs to be able to handle bass. So from that perspective, the extra power is useful.

an edit - too late to edit original.

And yes, worth building.

I am new in forum and Hi-END,,really as technics electronics i know few about class A,,
always I want hand made my amplifier...
Here in Colombia - Bogota i think that only me want class A. to high RISK!
Perdon my SENSEI

Attachments

• sensei1.gif
    sensei1.gif
    89.6 KB · Views: 811
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
So is a standard CRC at 65 volts going to be clean enough for this or do we need a Cap mult or Reg on the supply?

good enough without cap multi or whatever

manly CRC is enough , say 47mF-0R1-47mF

of course , one can use Cap Multi , but big C after is still necessary

Finished yet? We are waiting

what ?

did I promised something , and forgot ?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
in what you guys are more interested - full kits or gerbers?

in case of kits , there will be 3 elements :

A: Mu pcb with all parts , except mosfet puck and output electrolytic,

B: SIT gain pcb with all parts (input JFets smd presoldered) , except SIT , of course

C: Schade gain pcb with all parts (input JFets smd presoldered), except Mos puck and Iron

so , 2 different kits :

Option 1 : A+B (with 3W resistor set optimized for THF51/2SK182 down)

Option 2 : A+C (with 3W resistor set optimized for Mos Puck down)

Option 3 : A+B+C (with augmented 3W resistor set , covering both arrangements down)

:rofl:

I've been collecting parts intended for the original version of the BA2015 50W Schade enabled amp. That includes a set of four IXYS pucks plus a pair of 2SK182E SITs. My SITs don't seem to be well suited to the SissySIT due to their Vgs parameters. So the Singing Bush design looks like a better way to build a couple variations of a high-power Mu-follower amp.
I would opt for the A+B+C set. I was planing to use a pair of Lundahl LL1540 transformers for the Schade version of the gain stage, but can adapt as necessary.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
okidoki

will do calculus and necessary logistic thinkthonk in a day or two

only bummer is somewhat slower realisation
due to myriad reasons , strictly insisting on quality , I resorted lately to pcbs made by our Chinese Brother fabs

bummer is , slower circulation of goods lately , so we need to count on that