The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

To chime in. The LX521 are open baffle speakers / dipoles.
They radiate as loudly to the back as they do to the front.
If the acoustic centers are not on the same plane then to fix this with delay in DSP in one direction (the front) makes the acoustic offset twice as bad in the other direction (the back).
Now I'd personally say it would still be most practical to fix the phase for the direct sound coming from the front but I can see how this is not as clear a decision as with closed box types / monopoles.

If the acoustic centers are not on the same plane then to fix this with delay in DSP in one direction (the front) makes the acoustic offset twice as bad in the other direction (the back).

That's not the point.
The acoustical centers of LX521 are well enough on the same plane, but using DSP for the mid/high channels and not for the woofer section would introduce some latency which would not be the case when also using DSP for the woofer section.
When I am right the original LX521 is three-way DSP corrected for the woofer, mid (which consists of two units with passive filtering) and tweeter, so when someone prefers to follow another path (post #1242) things become different.
There is much more to say about the pros and cons of DSP corrected loudspeakers but it is beyond the scope of this thread.

Last edited:
That's not the point.
The acoustical centers of LX521 are well enough on the same plane, but using DSP for the mid/high channels and not for the woofer section would introduce some latency which would not be the case when also using DSP for the woofer section.
When I am right the original LX521 is three-way DSP corrected for the woofer, mid (which consists of two units with passive filtering) and tweeter, so when someone prefers to follow another path things become different.
There is much more to say about the pros and cons of DSP corrected loudspeakers but it is beyond the scope of this thread.

Aah sorry I did a quickread didn't pick up on that.
But yes if the woofer and sub are on the same vertical plane and the woofer has a delay which gives a 1.2ms offset in both the back and front then that serves no purpose..

The manual states the Fusion amps mix the analog inputs to mono, but what about the digital inputs? Are they mixed to mono as well, or can a digital input be used such that the left and right channels will output to channels 1 and 2 on the two-way FA 122?

Fusion amps cannot be used as a stereo amp no matter the configuration.
For both the analog and digital inputs one can select left or right or mono summed left+right.
For a stereo amp you can use two FA122 with each FA122 running in BTL mode. Select "left" for input on one Fusion amp and set it to master and select "right" for input on the other Fusion amp, set it to slave and connect the two with an s/pdif cable or alternatively one can send the left analog channel to one Fusion amp and the right analog channel to the other Fusion amp. One should still connect the s/pdif cable between Fusion amps for volume control and preset selection.

A few wishes:

1. Balance control. I would love the option to control the balance between the left and right channel. E.g. use the buttons for input select and use the Function keys to switch between the inputs.

2. Fusion Remote Kit: an option in the firmware to have the LED set to OFF. During infrared input the LED may flash.

3. Fusion Remote Kit: a new remote kit with a display showing the volume level

4. Import (room) corrections from Room EQ Wizard (REQ) into HFD.

The next couple of weeks Hypex will make a list of bugs, remarks and wishes made at fora or received by mail. In september I will have a meeting at Hypex to revise this list for a firmware update.

So please make your remarks, wishes and report bugs here!

For those working with Hypex OEM this is an exciting development. It looks like they are developing their DSP and input boards, so OEM makers can build Fusion style amps, or offer integration into products.

r_300_168.75_producten_8_mp-dsp-main.png

But goodbye DLCP. It looks like it has been retired?

Last edited: