The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)

BYRTT

Member
2009-12-21 6:18 am
Arh... maybe a bit complicated :D but please continue because it sounds fantastic and also show graphs we never could dream of in a non pro sound enviroment, also agree Metaplugin looks great and cost is one of the better to be asked for compared to for example FAB filter Pro-Q2 to so thanks sharing.
 

BYRTT

Member
2009-12-21 6:18 am
Great how DSP hungry we get over time ...:D... first wesayso ask if he is making stereo listening too complicated then ra7 ask for feature of cascade more convolution filters, guess you need a bridge to load 32bit then and exactly what that talked about Metaplugin (swiss army knife) also can help with so maybe try their demo (LINK: Metaplugin by DDMF: plugin wrapper, chainer, VST to AAX, AU to AAX ) or they have this bridge only version that is cheaper and also a demo is avaiable (LINK: Bridgewize - ).
 
Last edited:

BYRTT

Member
2009-12-21 6:18 am
By the way when wesayso and ra7 get to the point to build five more arrays :D SBA have annouced prototype datasheet REV.0 for their planned high Qts lets say TC9 clone in its also a sqare frame at 77,4mm with a about 61mm piston so you can stack a few more inside same lenght compared to TC9.

After asking kimmosto over at VituixCAD thread for feature to translate txt/frd files to IR he lately guided me his software can do it within a few steps (LINK: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/307910-vituixcad-68.html#post5584200 ) so those below IR graphs into REW should not be so far from curves in SBA datasheet, but okay the directivity graphs from VituixCAD is a bit too hot into low frq area because i was too lazy and fast to get them to see using one more baffle upon the baffle that probably is used into datasheet.
 

Attachments

  • 1000.PNG
    1000.PNG
    216.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 1102.png
    1102.png
    318.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 1103.png
    1103.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
By the way when wesayso and ra7 get to the point to build five more arrays :D SBA have annouced prototype datasheet REV.0 for their planned high Qts lets say TC9 clone in its also a sqare frame at 77,4mm with a about 61mm piston so you can stack a few more inside same lenght compared to TC9.

After asking kimmosto over at VituixCAD thread for feature to translate txt/frd files to IR he lately guided me his software can do it within a few steps (LINK: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/307910-vituixcad-68.html#post5584200 ) so those below IR graphs into REW should not be so far from curves in SBA datasheet, but okay the directivity graphs from VituixCAD is a bit too hot into low frq area because i was too lazy and fast to get them to see using one more baffle upon the baffle that probably is used into datasheet.

Interesting driver!
 
I use a config file already, but it doesn't allow you to convolve twice. There is only one convolve operation as far as I know. Please share if you can convolve more than once using the config file.

I am trying out a variety of target responses and I want to overlay those on a flat correction for the arrays and the sub. It gets cumbersome to keep convolving the target responses with the flat correction filters (it gets rather difficult to overlay the crossover and a target for the array and sub, and produce one target response for DRC). I have been using Align2 for that, and you could also do it directly using sox in the batch script. But, would be much easier and convenient using two convolvers operating back to back in JRiver.

Will try our 32 lives and the other suggestions.
 
Last edited:
I use a config file already, but it doesn't allow you to convolve twice. There is only one convolve operation as far as I know. Please share if you can convolve more than once using the config file.

I believe you're right about it, you can't configure the output to be the input again for a next step. One can only sum 2 different convolutions done on the same input, that's not what you're after :(.

I got metaplugin right after first finding it in this thread.
Great little program...!

I agree. It is a very versatile addition for me within JRiver.
 
Last edited:
:)
It's glued as well! :D
But there's a pulling force on that front baffle plate so better be save than sorry.
The back one has way less. Anyway, I had enough of those (and hated them as I much prefer torx) and consider them suitable enough for a one time use.

It's not that I mistrust the T-nuts (the bigger sizes, anyway) but they are in an area where I can't get to them later on. The rest of the construction is serviceable.

I've hunted for those weldnuts, but couldn't get them easily, so I just made do with what I could get. They are welded to the threaded rods.
There's a gasket between the baffle/backside and the enclosure, so it's a similar construction as the arrays.

I still need to finish the other one, then it's on to epoxy and finally paint.
 
I'm still wondering where to put the speaker connectors. I'm kind of thinking to put them into the bottom plate instead of the back. That would be way easier during assembly. There's plenty of space for them to sit there. I will be using fiberglass damping material inside so it would make sense to opt for the easier placement.

The nuts will be replaced with locking ones once it's all ready. These are only temporary. As the amp will probably be hung off the sides or back I'm waiting on the final choice of that before I cut off the excess threads in the back.
 
Last edited: