The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)

Sadly no... my friend with access to CNC milling is too busy right now and has different priorities.
Without the alu baffles I can't continue. So a bit more patience from me is required.
I was hoping to have it done by now but I do enjoy reading about the several other line array builds on the forum lately :).
Still playing with JRiver for video (Home Theatre) playback etc... using Mad VR, some experimenting with SVP (Smooth Video Project) and other fun stuff in the mean time.

Hope to be working on this project soon though, can hardly wait any longer.

You can even get it in a Granit look and would be easy to lip it to fit in the depth you allowed for the aluminum ,it being thicker would create a very dense front baffle and you mount the speakers directly to the rear of it without extra modification like your alum. baffle. Plus its a win win deal on cost..... and the cool factor is a Wow!

and I'm in love with these btw….

overzicht1.jpg

sorry if this has been asked already. What software program are you using?

And have you thought about 3D printing instead of woodworking?

It is somewhere in this thread, I used Autodesk Inventor.

I have used quite a bit of 3D printing but only for small parts I actually can afford :D. Prices are to steep for me to use it on bigger parts.

Here's a tweeter housing I made using 3D printing for my car:
xt25.jpg

My friend you can use your router to do the whole project with carbide cutters and a circle template for the router , just have someone else spay WD40 on the bit as you are cutting ,this keeps the bit from loading up with alum...... many are made and if you have a tough time finding one to get the size hole you need . let me know and ill put you on to one.....

True... it was a bummer but... I'll find a way
Been researching cutting the alu with bits meant for wood.
It has been done by a few people with good results.
One of them I've seen on the Car audio forums makes beautiful things with a simple router and a lot of effort.

Edit: just saw your post Byron... I may try to do it all by hand. I still have a week to figure out what to do.
Thanks for the motivation guys, I think I'll do it with the router!
Once I finish that I'll report back here, can take a little while longer though :eek:

Last edited: