The Incredible Technics SP-10 Thread

Ok so, i'm assuming these are the correct wave forms? Problem now is I cannot adjust the period on any speed!

Attachments

• DS1Z_QuickPrint3.png
    DS1Z_QuickPrint3.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 448
Here's what the 33 adjustment should look like with cursors on your scope. BX-AX show the delta between the cursors, which you align to the period you want to set. Mine says 6.320ms because the scope wouldn't let me set 6.300.

Attachments

• DS1Z_PLL33After.png
    DS1Z_PLL33After.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 398
33 should be 6.3ms +/- 0.2ms, and you're at 11.8ms. There is no adjustment for 45 - you just need to confirm it's 4.7ms +/- 1.3ms after 33 has been set. 78 should be 2.7ms +/- 0.1ms - looks like you're good on that one.

So, for 33 move cursor B such that AX-BX = 6.300ms, or close as you can get it. Then, adjust VR101 until the pulse on channel 2 lines up with cursor B. Then confirm 45 is right.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. It was more opportunity knocks rather than following the advice given here. The lower board required some extensive work as PCB tracks were burnt and lifted, whilst resolving that I went through the supply to give a clean bill of health. From the get go I'm getting 5.04V and 32.44V respectively so I'll just tweak these a touch and take it from there.

Cheers

Just finished setting up my Garrott P77 SAS on the SP10/2/SME3 arm as I haven't got the FR64fx arm board made up yet for the SP10. (Couldn't wait any longer to try it!)

Bear in mind I've had this cartridge for years now,in the FR,on the 401,although the SAS stylus is only a year old (and sounds better than the original).

Very pleased with the sound.Bass is more defined and tighter and I'm hearing more detail on familiar records.Very faint sounds now easier to hear.
So am hoping once the FR is on the SP10 I'll be even more delighted!

Must say that I dropped a small item on the platter of the 401,with the mat on it and the rubber rings around the rim,and was surprised to hear it ring like a bell! Whereas the rubber mat on the SP10 just deadens the platter completely.

Some advice please.
Do you leave the lid on and down,or up, when playing an LP or take it off completely?
It's just that I've fixed the hinges so they work now.Until now I've been taking it off as it wouldn't stay up.
Feedback please!

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I have the dust cover down while playing a record. (On my SL-1200, which is what's currently hooked up.)

I haven't found a ton of difference in sound between the lid on/off/down/up. I have, however, found that the entire turntable becomes much dustier with it removed.