The Drek builder's thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Magura, you may kindly send it to me, if you can find it.

Thx. for :clown: explanation ZenMod :D ... Anyway, i see 1/0,8 is ~ 1,25 Ohm, impedance ... but what is mS in this case ... impedance resistance or what ? (thought it was something with time) ...

If mS is some freq./sec. thing please explain to me then.

Well regarding the nice spreadsheet, where should i put in the value's then (my inductor resistance + 10 Ohm * 2 pcs. as i see it) ...

Jesper.

lykkedk said:
Magura, you may kindly send it to me, if you can find it.

Thx. for :clown: explanation ZenMod :D ... Anyway, i see 1/0,8 is ~ 1,25 Ohm, impedance ... but what is mS in this case ... impedance resistance or what ? (thought it was something with time) ...

If mS is some freq./sec. thing please explain to me then.

Well regarding the nice spreadsheet, where should i put in the value's then (my inductor resistance + 10 Ohm * 2 pcs. as i see it) ...

Jesper.

How about this: Transconductance is measured in Siemens, so "mS" would be the equivalent of milli-Siemens.

I will send the inductor calculator to you, the very minute you give me a place to send it to. Gmail is not an option, when it comes to .exe files.

Magura :)

Jesper,
do you realise the simularity between capacitance Farad and transconductance Siemens ?

No not really ... But i donno what i was thinking, i knew that Siemens was the opposite of ohm ... but the xtransdutance thing confused me here ;)
I was not thinking of Siemens at all, i was focused on the mS, and i thought it was something seconds/timing/freq. :xeye:

Well i still don't know howto calculate the F3 / rolloff whatever .. but i got a nice spreadsheet, with plateresistance (i need coil resistance) I guess that i could, if i was knowing all this calculate it, but i am not that much into electronics. I now know, that i must include the 10ohm source resistor, but must i calculate both half of the coil(2*~80mH) + 2*10 ohm ??? --- As i see it, i only need to calculate on half (1*~80mH + 10ohm) Am i right ?

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

No not really ... But i donno what i was thinking, i knew that Siemens was the opposite of ohm ... but the xtransdutance thing confused me here ;)
I was not thinking of Siemens at all, i was focused on the mS, and i thought it was something seconds/timing/freq. :xeye:

Well i still don't know howto calculate the F3 / rolloff whatever .. but i got a nice spreadsheet, with plateresistance (i need coil resistance) I guess that i could, if i was knowing all this calculate it, but i am not that much into electronics. I now know, that i must include the 10ohm source resistor, but must i calculate both half of the coil(2*~80mH) + 2*10 ohm ??? --- As i see it, i only need to calculate on half (1*~80mH + 10ohm) Am i right ?

Jesper.

apparent mosfet resistance (impedance ) + source resistor = plate resistance in that spreadsheet

you need to calculate just one side - taking in account just one half of choke ;

remember - you can use drek both balanced or unbalanced

Professor ZMuck,

why don't you give a full lecture ?
Some folks may not have the death wish to build Drek but are eager to learn something.
(the hard way to pick your brain is coming over with a cranial saw, a crepes pan, a bottle of Cointreau and pretend it's chicken)

Hungarian/Croatian/Serbian, it's all gulash, like asking a Belgian why he ate the frog.

apparent mosfet resistance (impedance ) + source resistor = plate resistance in that spreadsheet

you need to calculate just one side - taking in account just one half of choke ;

remember - you can use drek both balanced or unbalanced

Yep.. very good, when putting in 10R + 1/0,1 (~120mA) the rolloff is 40Hz .. That's near the goal, but if i have an inductor of ~0,08H (80mH), with a DCR=35R, soo where should i put that resistance in ???'

Jesper.

I finally got it (Thx Magura for calling me on landline) ... all the time i thought that the coilresistance was the thing to include into my F3 calc. :wave2: , but the matter, that i only need to include the transductance of the mosfet, at the given mA + sourcerestiance, gives me the calc now. ;)

Thanks all for helping me out.

I finally got the inductor.exe program to work (The link i placed earlier is right) .. on a Linux-dosemu program.

The results, are simmulair, compared to the onlinecalculator.

Only thing is, that the lenght-meassure in onlineprogram, is called height in the DOS inductor.exe program...

See here:

Attachments

• scr1.jpg
    scr1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 354
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:
I finally got it (Thx Magura for calling me on landline) ... all the time i thought that the coilresistance was the thing to include into my F3 calc. :wave2: , but the matter, that i only need to include the transductance of the mosfet, at the given mA + sourcerestiance, gives me the calc now. ;)

and - did you learn something ?

now - go back several posts in thread and re-read ; you'll see what was all the time exactly written .......

:clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.