The diyAudio First Watt M2x

I will experiment with other inputs in time.
So as I got further into testing I find that I was able to achieve 0mV offset and equal Vdrop across the resistors in the second channel. For the first one (the one I was concerned about), I ultimately set it so that the Vdrop was equal and found that the offset voltage was only 1mV. I don't expect that to be a huge issue.

I would much rather optimize the gain stage for best linearity and have a cap if needed. C1 is the lesser of the distortion evils. But lucky in that I was able to equalize and not have C1.

Final results:
Amp2M2x1Watt4RLeft_NoC0.png Amp2M2x1kHz1WattRight c1jumpered.png
Should never say Final......

Now onto the other M2x amp. These are part of a 3-way active system

I've planned wiring like this.

220VAC main -> 1.25A slow blow fuse -> inrush current limiter -> 400VA 21-0-0-21 toroidal transformer -> SLB power supply -> +/-24 VDC power chord beteween separate chassises -> M2X amp (or other first watt class A amps)

Is CL-60 proper for inrush current limiter or are there other recommendations?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
New build alert! I've been running an F5 for a couple of years but without warning one channel went pop and after replacing the obvious items I ran out spares, but had some M2x boards built up so here we are.

I've installed Ishikawas and onto Dim Bulb tests.

On both channels it does what I expect - i.e. bright then straight dims to nothing.

But then I spotted after about 30 seconds the bulb starts to come back on again - not fully but then I didn't wait long before I switched off again.

This happens on both channels - is this actually expected behaviour as the circuit "warms up"? - or have I got something in wrong?