The Black Hole......

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I've always wondered how good you could make a 70s egg chair audio. Headphones you climb into!

Attachments

• vintage-egg-chair-15.jpg
    vintage-egg-chair-15.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Aside from using two instruments you can get similar from i.e. Virtins, where you get waveform and spectrum. Picoscope's software also can do this. There is a major conflict in waveform resolution (small time slice) and frequency resolution, which needs a long sample to get fine resolution, also making the exact time of a specific frequency hard to determine.

Aside from using two instruments you can get similar from i.e. Virtins, where you get waveform and spectrum. Picoscope's software also can do this. There is a major conflict in waveform resolution (small time slice) and frequency resolution, which needs a long sample to get fine resolution, also making the exact time of a specific frequency hard to determine.

The digital down conversion works just like a single conversion spectrum analyzer, in their example 900MHz is mixed down to 0 and you can observe 100kHz BW at 100Hz resolution with only just over 2K samples. A typical analog spectrum analyzer uses multiple conversions because it is very difficult to make a good LO with a huge sweep range. I don't think picoscope or Virtins is capable of this, but I don't know.

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Interesting article and amazing to read that technology has progressed that far that 440Mhz AD converters are within reach.
It seems only a small step to do the first heterodyne step of BPF, LNA and mixer also digitally.
That would make good FM probably superior to DAB with their low bitrates.
It’s already out Hans since more than 10 years (thanks to digital TV)
I am a dump user of this technology (UHF reception).
If someone is up to programing (got 'Python' :D Scott? ) he can do wonders with $20 hardware.

http://www.eas.uccs.edu/~mwickert/ece4670/lecture_notes/Lab6.pdf

ピンクの像 DVB-T DAB+FMの回路図を想象する RTL2832U R820T: 閑人

George

Attachments

• DSCN5365.JPG
    DSCN5365.JPG
    628.2 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN5289.JPG
    DSCN5289.JPG
    668.4 KB · Views: 187