Paid Member

Attachments

• all.png
    all.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 230
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi George,
The 40Hz version is good enough for me to get the message from the composer.
With the 70Hz high Q smallish sealed loudspeakers I don’t lose anything compared to the OB+W sub, only sense of space.
The missing fundamental effect is very strong with organ notes (proper harmonic structure).
I wonder what that 4.5Hz blip was caused by
It seems to be a well build-up resonance in the Hall (maybe a mechanical resonace of the organ). I checked another Tonhalle Zurich organ recording and it is there. Same shape at 4.7Hz.>Edit also the one at 15Hz.
Zurich, Tonhalle / Organ / Instruments / AEOLUS - aeolus-music.com

George

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Maybe, but when the signal is flat to 1Hz I do wonder about the analysis. I've had some results with audacity I just didn't believe in the infrasonic region. In that case the analysis was slightly out but there was still some strange non-music down there.

Edit: Missed your post George. Interesting. Will google around to see if I can find out more.

Second Edit: Tonhalle got a new organ in 2017. less than 30 years for an organ is almost unheard of!

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
For those interested in organs Organ details - Kuhn Organ Builders Ltd some info on the new Tonhalle organ. Best comment in that is
The preceding organ with Jean Guillou's remarkable specification has been dismantled and will find a new home in the cathedral of Koper, Slovenia.

I assume that means it was great for solo stuff but no so good for orchestral accompaniment.

Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• Sunn_O)))_-_Brutal_Assault_01.jpg
    Sunn_O)))_-_Brutal_Assault_01.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 165