TH-18 Flat to 35hz! (Xoc1's design)

Hi Pabesco
1 & 5) Any high power subwoofer will require a high Pass Filter to avoid damage from over excursion. The Inuke 6000 DSP allows you to set crossover filters.
You need to set a high pass Butterworth filter at 30Hz @ 24db per octave minimum.
Other filter types will need different settings.
This should be OK. If you drive the speakers very hard, use a higher frequency than this.
Low pass should be set around 100hz or a bit higher dependent on what your chosen mid top speakers are capable of.

7) Its hard to make specific recommendations about what speakers to use as mid tops, as so much is dependent on local availability and prices where you are in the world.
Regards Xoc1 (Martin)

thank you very much xoc1 for the quick reply, i am reading the manual right now so i can set the amp properly,
also i read almost the whole forum and saw a video of a few student that built 4 of the th18s and tested them in an outdoors ampitheatre with some built tops. i cant remember where the video is ans the type tops they built but i like how they look and from what i read they sound great . do you know if they are the jbell12 or something else?
thanks again

Hi xoc1 I am not sure but you said I should set the high pass at 30hz ant the low pass at 100hz. Are both supposed to be set at 24db per octave?
Also should any limiter be set? I'm reading the manual but it doesn't say much
The low depends on your tops this is what Ivan Beaver sent me :
The low pass will depend on the rest of the system and how you are running it (sub on an aux or not). But "generally" something in the 60-90Hz area for low pass SLpe and type would be dependant on the rest of the system also-but 12-24dB Butter worth would be a start. "generally" if you low pass them at a lower freq you will use the 12dB slope. But it depends on a lot of variables

I have my subs on a seperate amp. I have two 18sound 2400's being powered by a behringer inuke 6000dsp. Only these subs are on this amp. I have a digital crossover in the rack also along with a 32band 2 channel equalizer, Both of which also have seperate settings for frequencies. I will get more Info on these pieces of equipment and post them so I can get more advice on setting them to work together.
Also is this the right forum to be asking these questions or should I be posting a new thread in another forum.?
Thanks in advance to all

Last edited:
I have my subs on a seperate amp. I have two 18sound 2400's being powered by a behringer inuke 6000dsp. Only these subs are on this amp. I have a digital crossover in the rack also along with a 32band 2 channel equalizer, Both of which also have seperate settings for frequencies. I will get more Info on these pieces of equipment and post them so I can get more advice on setting them to work together.
Also is this the right forum to be asking these questions or should I be posting a new thread in another forum.?
Thanks in advance to all
I run my two Danley TH115's with a Crown Xti 2000 for each HP 30Hz 24db Butterworth and LP 90Hz 24db Buterworth bridged 2000 watts per cabinet in sub synth mode. My Th118 I run with a Crown Xti 4002 bridged 3200 watts same HP and LP without the sub synth. I use a Behringer
CX3210 crossover and run the subs out of the sub mono output and run the top's off the HF from 90Hz up . I'm using Klipsch KP 302's or Klipsch LSI's depending on the gig with all the subs dead center together.

thanks guys, i have a grill on the front of these ans just need to brace the rear and bottom panel,
i need to know how to break the 18sound 2400s in properly
i also need to be clear on something, when i purchase the qsc 4050 or 5050 am i to understand that each amp can power only ONE cabinet? or will it be able to power two cabs at 8ohms or should i bridge it and run two cabs on one amp at 4ohms?
thanks

can anyone please point me in the right direction to plans for building some good tops
i would like to get the best sound out of my system as possible. i also want to balance the sound from the th18s as best as possible before i decide to start building the second two cabinets
thanks again

thanks guys, i have a grill on the front of these ans just need to brace the rear and bottom panel,
i need to know how to break the 18sound 2400s in properly
i also need to be clear on something, when i purchase the qsc 4050 or 5050 am i to understand that each amp can power only ONE cabinet? or will it be able to power two cabs at 8ohms or should i bridge it and run two cabs on one amp at 4ohms?
thanks
if you play loud for half an hour ,they are mostly played in .

most amps are "happy" with a 4 ohm load,so 2 subs per channel would be good(loadwise)
dont know the power ratings of the qsc amps,but the drivers are 1200watt aes.
so you need 2400 watts @ 4 ohm per channel minimum.
to get the most out of the subs ,double that figure.

hi to all , i had a chance to test my two th18s loaded with 18sound2400s over the weekend and im very impressed with the sound as was everyone else that heard them. my only problem is that i still hear a clicking sound when i put more power to them, its the driver making a clicking sound im sure of that, i might not have my dsp amp setup right as suggested before, i think i have the crossover set right and i have a much more qualified dj than myself coming over to test for me, does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean up my sound or do i need to bite the bullet and save for better drivers?

hi to all , i had a chance to test my two th18s loaded with 18sound2400s over the weekend and im very impressed with the sound as was everyone else that heard them. my only problem is that i still hear a clicking sound when i put more power to them, its the driver making a clicking sound im sure of that, i might not have my dsp amp setup right as suggested before, i think i have the crossover set right and i have a much more qualified dj than myself coming over to test for me, does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean up my sound or do i need to bite the bullet and save for better drivers?
Try and move your high pass to 35Hz .