TDA1541 DEM reclocking

You can:
1) use a separate 11.289 MHz clock generator as the ones from Guido Tent or Elso Kwak (search this forum)
2) pick the clock from pin 19 (master clock) of the CS8412, if you use such a receiver IC.
Please share you experience with the DEM circuit.
Best regards.

Paul

I still haven't started my TDA1541A project.

For now I'm going to stick with EIAJ as I don't have any other sources. Can I get this clock signal from a CDP? I don't know the controller chip for one if the CDPs but one is using CXD2500.

What I'm planning is:
- Pedja's DAC scheme with TNT1541 PSUs
- cm's EIAJ to I2S converter
- Pass D1 I/V stage
- DEM circuit

A KC will replace the one in the CDP

Future things I might add :
- PCM2706 USB to I2S
- CS8414 SPDIF to I2S

If you mean that the dac and the cd player have a different clock:
yes it matters! they will not have exactly the same clock value, so one will be faster than the other. You will run into timing problems.

Without a 8414 reciever in the correct mode this will not work (and in this mode you will loose/double samples, depending on who's faster). But then you're stuck to spdif.

If you mean that the dac/player and dem reclocking have a different clock: yes it should matter: dem reclocking is to get the dem freq a multiple of the samplefreq (which is determined by the clock). If it is a different clock, this will not be the case (though better than the original dem oscillator freq i guess).

DragonMaster said:
Hi guido, so you're telling that feeding the DEM circuit with an other XTAL is not a good idea. Now the problem (At least for me) is to convert 33.8688MHz or 16.9344(I have the choice between both) to 11.2896.

Nope, you don't need 11.2896 neccesarely.
If you're gonna run your TDA1541 non oversampled, and you only got 384*Fs or 768*Fs available,
you can just divide by 64/128 resp. to get a DEM frequency of 6*Fs.
This will do the job just fine. :cool:

.......when I see an elephant fly

DragonMaster said:
Isn't there internal Oversampling in the 1541A?

This is the kind of thing that crushes even the strongest and in a flash they've given in to the darkside and become apprenticed to Darth Ulas.

Read the datasheet. It is not a serving suggestion. It is fundamental to workings the TDA1541A. A basic understanding of the TDA1541A is an absolute prerequisite for any advice you receive here to make sense.

In short, NO!, there is no internal oversampling, that is what the SAA7220 and its like are for.

Read the datasheet. It is not a serving suggestion. It is fundamental to workings the TDA1541A. A basic understanding of the TDA1541A is an absolute prerequisite for any advice you receive here to make sense.

I did, and the first time was a long time ago. It's this:

The high maximum input bit-rate and fast setting facilitates application in 8x oversampling systems
(44.1 kHz to 352.8 kHz or 48 kHz to 384 kHz) with the associated simple analog filtering function (low order, linear phase
filter).

and the fact that TNT uses decimation that messed me up.

So: My CXD2500 outputs a 48-bit EIAJ signal, then there's a digital filter that converts it to 16-bit I suppose, and then there's the DAC. I have no idea if the DF oversamples or if it's the DAC.

Elso, you worked with this chip, what can I do?

Hi all,

I had one silly question & hope to collect some informations.

I was designed for my ver.3 1541a dac. Is anybody can advise that I choose AD1890 ( SamplePort Stereo Asynchronous Sample Rate Converters ) with 16Mhz TCXO will be better choose as use standard re-clock????
Looks AD1890 with TCXO can make sure the purity & the accurancy of the pure 16bits data steam also function well.

pls advise!

thx

thomas

DragonMaster said:

I did, and the first time was a long time ago. It's this:

and the fact that TNT uses decimation that messed me up.

So: My CXD2500 outputs a 48-bit EIAJ signal, then there's a digital filter that converts it to 16-bit I suppose, and then there's the DAC. I have no idea if the DF oversamples or if it's the DAC.

Elso, you worked with this chip, what can I do?

Hi,
Study Horowitz and Hill, The Art of Electronics? Before you ask, that's a book.
Google?
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/specsformats/upsamplingvsoversampling1.php