TABAQ TL for Tangband

Finished my TABAQs today. They still need a proper paint job, but I had to take them in to test them.

I have only tested them for 20 minutes, but I'm impressed so far. They disappear in the room and sound nice and clear. :)

Attachments

• DSC_1550.JPG
    DSC_1550.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 662
  • DSC_1551.JPG
    DSC_1551.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 662
I recently came across an unusual Scanspeak full range driver at Madisound, the 10F/8422-03. My understanding is that this 4" driver, which sells for $22, was made for the Japanese magazine "Stereo".

Rick

Does anyone have a pdf copy or scan of that August 2012 Stereo magazine article? I can't find anything online. Of course, it doesn't help when you're using english to search for pdf versions of a Japanese magazine. lol

Hi Marc,

Most of what I was able to find was through Google Translate, attached in case you have not tried it. I also "Googled" images and there are some designs but finding dimensions, figures, etc., is not easy.

Rick

Thanks Rick. I've been going through a similar process. I bought four drivers from Madisound to play with. I'm going to use two in small, full-range mini-monitors. The other two I'm going to use with some Silver Flute 6-1/2" woofers, electronic crossovers and bi-amped.

Last edited:
I finally got my active version finished and varnished. It's based on the shortened TABAQ that Bjørn kindly simulated on post 1396 and uses a W3-315E driver.

It's a single cabinet with an extra compartment containing a Class-D amp and bluetooth module with aux-in.

Many thanks to Bjørn for the original inspiring design, for answering questions and verifying the sim! :up: The speaker is now sat on a shelf in the kitchen.
Rob

Attachments

• DSCF0047.JPG
    DSCF0047.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 613
  • DSCF0056.JPG
    DSCF0056.JPG
    397.5 KB · Views: 598
I now plan to replace with a better driver, since you have givena thumb rule of fs100hz for 3 inch. I am able to source this peerless driver.-Peerless S07NE,with the following specs. Kindly suggest whether this is a suitable driver for the TABAQ box.
Impedance 4 Ohms
Frequency response 100 - 10K
RMSE - Free 0.78Ohms
Fs 100.87 Hz
Re 3.43 Ohms
Res 11.86 Ohms
Qms 2.28
Qes 0.66
Qts 0.51
L1 0.10mH
L2 0.31 mH
R2 1.74 Ohms
Vas (SD) 1.27 Lts
Mms (SD) 2.67 Gms
Cms (SD) 933 uM/Newton
BL (SD) 2.97 Tesla-M
SPL ref (SD) 88.5 dB
Rub -Index 0.06
Area (SD) 31.17 Sq.Cm

Thanks in advance.

I finally got my active version finished and varnished. It's based on the shortened TABAQ that Bjørn kindly simulated on post 1396 and uses a W3-315E driver.

It's a single cabinet with an extra compartment containing a Class-D amp and bluetooth module with aux-in.

Many thanks to Bjørn for the original inspiring design, for answering questions and verifying the sim! :up: The speaker is now sat on a shelf in the kitchen.
Rob

I looked at post 1396, but couldn't find the dimensions. Would you mind sharing your dimensions? I have a pair of those drivers just waiting for the right project.
Thanks!
Mike