TABAQ TL for Tangband

By putting the driver lower as in the TABAQ's design, you remove unwanted resonances that bring nulls and humps down the line.

So, no....

and by placing the driver at 45 deg, you'll get issues like beaming. Not too bad with a 3", but it starts creeping more with a 4", and I couldn't live with it with my 5".

By putting the driver lower as in the TABAQ's design, you remove unwanted resonances that bring nulls and humps down the line.

So, no....

and by placing the driver at 45 deg, you'll get issues like beaming. Not too bad with a 3", but it starts creeping more with a 4", and I couldn't live with it with my 5".

Thanks. I'll just build with Visaton FRS8-8. I keep attempting to reinvent the wheel and it doesn't seem to work out for me.

I finally did my W5-2143 TABAQ acoustic measurements. This is first time for me to measure speakers and results are in attachments. First one at ~75cm from speaker front, second at ~30 degrees right, last- both speakers at listening position.

Attachments

• TABIG_0.jpg
    TABIG_0.jpg
    848 KB · Views: 334
  • TABIG_30.jpg
    TABIG_30.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 331
  • TABIG_LP.jpg
    TABIG_LP.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 321
I finally did my W5-2143 TABAQ acoustic measurements. This is first time for me to measure speakers and results are in attachments. First one at ~75cm from speaker front, second at ~30 degrees right, last- both speakers at listening position.

I guess those measurements are without a BSC.

Myself, I would enjoy them a bit more with a BSC filter.
As they are, the would sound overly bright to me.

But, the real question is... how do you like them?

I guess those measurements are without a BSC.

Myself, I would enjoy them a bit more with a BSC filter.
As they are, the would sound overly bright to me.

But, the real question is... how do you like them?

I really like the W5-2143, compared with other my speakers.
I don’t use BSC, but I use an equalizer (Volumio). At first it seemed that the speakers were too sharp, but now after playing for over 100 hours the sound has become softer.
What is surprising is bass response, overall they sound great in my small room, especially with tube amplifier.
So far I have no problem with beaming because I listen to music alone and I can find "sweet spot" ...