TABAQ TL for Tangband

I have a questions, how I can fix the filling to avoid that fall down in the tube?
I just glued (using hot glue) a bamboo skewer stick (used for kebabs) one third from the bottom. You can see it in the photo that also shows the BSC inside the box.

Attachments

• Tabaq4 - bsc.jpg
    Tabaq4 - bsc.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 461
I saw that SBA has a new line of coaxial... one being a 4" driver.

Looks interesting. Maybe we can have the cake and the frosting too!
Usually, even with a 4" driver, we run into some beaming at higher frequencies.

This being a coaxial would solve the beaming issue. It would also be a point source.

It has quite the low resonant frequency, and I have yet to try to put it into a TABAQ simulation to see how it would fare, but it looks promising.

4” SB12PFCR25-4-COAX – Sbacoustics

having read through the whole thread I got a bit confused with latest dimensions, original internal height was 808mm updated to 790mm. Original cross section was 128cm squared, this is still true for 3" drivers but updated to 154 cm squared for 4 inch drivers (plus thicker cabinet sides). Original 9cm port still good for 4" drivers. Have I got this right?

The confusion come because there is two Tabaq quarter wave design, the first TABAQ ORIGINAL and the second come later the TABAQ UPDATE, now if you want get right, like I did, you have to pick the driver you like and check in the forum here who else already use it with Tabaq design's, if still not clear Bjorn or Perceval will help you in the right choice, especially 4" drivers sometimes are good in the ORIGINAL and sometimes on the UPDATE....all the best

Attachments

• TABAQ_TL_for_TB 4_.pdf
    411.8 KB · Views: 92
  • TABAQ UPDATE (1).pdf
    273.6 KB · Views: 107
Thanks but the confusion continues as your second attachment (Tabaq update 1) shows the new port but the original internal height of 808mm, I believe there was a second update with internal height of 790mm and an ammended cross section for 4" drivers to 154 cm squared. Just looking for an up to date summary for folks like me who are new to the thread.

Indeed, the sim shows 30" (762mm) as line length but on the second document that you attached the cabinet plan (page 6) shows internal height of 808mm (later plans show 790mm). Not massive changes but it would be nice for folks new to this thread to have definitive dimensions for both 3" and 4" drivers.

If you look closely, the dimension of 808mm is not for the line length, but for the length of the side pieces in that particular design. In this particular configuration, the port extends down in line with the rest of the line, and then takes a right angle to exit out the front of the box, so the 808mm long side is as long as the line, plus part of the port, if you see what I mean.

You would do best to take the first pdf I attached above, called "TABAQ geometry", and base your design off that. Those are the key dimensions for the line and port. What you have to understand is that then you can fold the line or the port in any way you choose within your desired enclosure design. For example, I folded the line twice in my design, attached to this post, so that the driver would end up near the top of the cabinet, and the port near the bottom but still on the front baffle, and the overall shape of the enclosure would be a large bookshelf form factor (please note that the line and port dimensions in my design are slightly different from the standard TABAQ ones since I used an alignment customised by Bjorn for the FaitalPro 3FE22 driver)

I would say that the best course of action for anyone new to the TABAQ is to decide on a tower or bookshelf configuration, and then just build from the relevant plan made by Bjorn. They work!

Attachments

• front port folded.PDF
    17.2 KB · Views: 116
Thanks but the confusion continues as your second attachment (Tabaq update 1) shows the new port but the original internal height of 808mm, I believe there was a second update with internal height of 790mm and an ammended cross section for 4" drivers to 154 cm squared. Just looking for an up to date summary for folks like me who are new to the thread.

Can you please take a screen shot and show where you get this 790mm?

If you look closely, the dimension of 808mm is not for the line length, but for the length of the side pieces in that particular design. In this particular configuration, the port extends down in line with the rest of the line, and then takes a right angle to exit out the front of the box, so the 808mm long side is as long as the line, plus part of the port, if you see what I mean.

Thanks luigiman but I'm still not getting the connection between the line length of 762mm and the cabinet internal height of 808mm, I'm adding the line length to "part of the port" and scratching my head!!