TABAQ TL for Tangband

HI. I was measure 2143 very close to manufacturer t/s
What do you think about 2 x 2143 in TABAQ. First problem comes to my mind, drivers placement wouldn't be at 1/3 of TABAQ length

And quite big at double the CSA.

I wouldn't go with two 2143.

It would just give you more of the same.
If going with two drivers, I would get a good woofer for the low end, and a tweeter for the high end.

I found the post 2224, really sorry but still I cannot understand how translate the "W5 2143 transmission line simulation" down to enclosure size panels etc., can somebody kindly explain? ....best Regards

It's all in the first section called geometry.

These are all internal dimensions.

Height is the line length, so 39".
Side panels are 207cm2, so, something like 12.7 X 16.3 cm.

Port is 5" long, and 28cm2... Keeping with the 12.7 wide, it comes at 2.2cm high.

Might want the front a bit wider to accommodate the driver size. You can play with the numbers a little by keeping the geometry the same.

Very very nice build congrats and finally I found exactly what I was looking for, I am about to receive pair of W5-2143, can you please share measurement of the enclosure? I am not good at all on calculating from Bjorn simulation....all the best
I have .dwg file with all the parts needed for CNC machine. If you could read it I can share. If not, then I need to prepare a drawing. It will take some time, because I'm not soo good on computer drawing.

I made a pair for my good buddy who opened a restaurant by the beach.

It's interesting to read the reviews, as they talk about the music almost as much as they talk about his food! :)

For example:
You'll be getting more than just great pizza. A nice ambience, tastefully decorated interior and actual rock music from quality speakers round off the pizza eating experience perfectly.

My friend thanks you, Bjorn! :)

I used a Chinese driver available here.

I took a chance on ordering a few, and this one was really good.

Attachments

• whizzer 4inch.png
    whizzer 4inch.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 600
  • 21835569351008_226.jpg
    21835569351008_226.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 590
  • 21835569351008_742.jpg
    21835569351008_742.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 581
The graph is from DATS, so you are seeing the phase and impedance curves, not a frequency response.

Also, no data from the company besides the ones I can gather in DATS.
It's typical over here. No data besides the size and the weight of the driver.
That's why it's always a surprise when I take a chance on some local drivers. :)

One could probably find this driver on Aliexpress.
Price was less than $20... I'll look it up again.

Found them on Aliexpress.
Although mine were the 8 Ohms version.

$38 for a pair.
They have some info, and maybe even a real video of it.

I know I added a small notch to compensate the rising FR and balance it to my liking.
Sorry, I can't seem to find my REW files about this driver in the TABAQ.

2 PCs/lot Sounderlink 4 inch full range speaker woofer tweeter midrange driver for Diy HiFi monitor stage audio system-in Bookshelf Speakers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

HTB17YnNHuuSBuNjy1Xcq6AYjFXam.jpg

Found this on another link at Aliexpress.
It looks about right, what I can remember of this driver, and I added a small notch on top to bring that that HF hill.

HIFIDIY LIVE Hi Fi 4.5 INCH DIY Full frequency speaker unit 4 8OHM 50W Neodymium magnetic High Alto bass loudspeaker QF4 116NS-in Speaker Accessories from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

UTB8ULoIqVPJXKJkSahVq6xyzFXaT.jpg

Last edited: