System Pictures & Description

Here's my trying-hard DJ audio setup system.

Konzert speakers made in China
Konzert K6 600W amplifier
Behringer mixer with effects
Behringer BCD3000 DJ gadget
MP3 source through the laptop

Attachments

• audio setup1.jpg
    audio setup1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 3,934
@howard99

you need to at least reduce pic file size to 200kb.

How I do this is go to paintbrush, open it there, click image in the tool bar, then stretch/skew then edit horizontal/vertical values to 25% or whatever you desire as long as you reduce file size and is not that small when you attach it here. Good luck!

Re: Current boxed

howard99 said:
Here is the latest iteration of my system. Amplifier is out waiting for the new monos. The pics are too big, any help on how to get them posted? Thanks

I use Macromedia Fireworks and export the image as a JPEG with just the right amount of compression to make it fit (under 100kb). I'd resize the images to about 640x480 beforehand too.

Simon

Yes it sounds great and I'm in the process of adding JBL 2405H HF drivers to extend the top end. The tube monoblock amplifiers sit in the basement below and required around 15' speaker cables. I used very good quality Audioquest cables and don't hear any adverse effects. Bass is extended and well damped with excellent transient response (the JBL drivers have enormous magnets and light aluminum voice coils and the back-loaded horns are all advantages in this area). The LE85 compression drivers and horns with slant-plate lenses also have excellent transient response and the tube amplification prevents hardness in the sonic signature. I get concert hall sound on classical, great intimacy and control on jazz and rock...well, we are talking JBL.

My front ends include a Linn LP12/Lingo/Ittok LVIII, a Magnum Dynalab Etude FM and a Linn Unidisk SC. Oh yeah, and a Pioneer Elite Pro-110FD for viewing.

Late to post-

I have a multi-channel system, with DIY MTM speakers(converted Ariel/ME2's) employing Vifa P13's & XT25's.

I was surprised and disappointed when multichannel SACD and DVD-A failed in the commercial marketplace; I guess I overestimated the musical sensitivity of US consumers (compressed MP3's-blechh) :eek:

Anyone else prefer multi-channel over stereo??

-chas

Attachments

• ht image.jpg
    ht image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 4,932
howard99,

Neat setup. The veneer looks really sharp. I'm curious about what sort of crossovers your using? Secondly, does having the tweeter along the horizontal axis of the low-mid adversely affect your imaging? I had a similar arrangement for a while that I wasn't too happy with (in terms of imaging), but I most likely didn't crossover as high as you.

Thanks,
Roger