SX-Amp and NX-Amp

Joined 2008
Paid Member
The gain on that looks a bit low (I get ~108). But, you also don't know how the device is behaving as the Vce increases as ther amp output swings between the two rails. The +ve side spike almost loops like the device is 'snapping' to some kind of short circuit mode.

I earnestly recommend that you never ever buy parts off eBay - always stick to mainstream disti's like Mouser, Digikey, RS etc. You do pay more, but you know what you are getting.

Below is a circuit diagram - you should check all your quiescent DC voltage against this with no input signal.

If the voltages are all ok, try please try this:

1. Connect the PSU to the amp (especially the Zobel connections - do not leave these off. Make sure the wires to and from the amp module are tightly bundled together
2. Run the amp with no load and a 1kHz input signal and see if it swings up to the rails - if it does, I would suspect the driver gains are dropping off at higher currents load currents. Check the 0 Ohm jumpers - make sure they are 0 Ohms and have not been damaged and gone high R during assembly.

Come back and let us know what you have found (are both channels behaving like this?)
Here is the voltages from 1 amp board, and yes both are doing the exact same thing. I have ordered KSC3503D from digikey to swap out the 2SC3503 to see if that makes a difference. With no load the amp still will not go full rail voltage, the scope behavior is the same as with the load like the image I posted before.

Thanks!

Attachments

• nx-Amp Voltages.png
    nx-Amp Voltages.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 174