• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Swordfishy/ASPEN FETZILLA power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Folks,

I'm more than happy to supply the 2SK170GR, the ZVP2110G and the DN2530 and I'm confident I can get them in 100+ quantities at a good price through Digikey.

I can get them cheaply moreover as shipping is free with a large order.

I won't supply more parts than this - supplying parts is a logistical nightmare as you all know - but it should be effective and can be included with the pcbs.

Silver mica caps are readily available in the US from Hosfeltelectronics.com of Steubenville, Ohio. Cheap too, around 25c each.

I would recommend either a single 225VA toroidal transformer with two 25Vac secondaries, or a couple of 150VA trafos, one for each secondary, also with 25Vac secondaries. Suitable brands are Plitron, Avel Lindberg, ILP, Amveco and Toroid Corp.

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Gotcha, Joz,

Greg is auditioning about two thousand kms to my north as we speak.....

I have checked with Mouser and Digikey today, Joz, and I can get 2SK170GR and DN2530 from M and ZVP2110G from D, but not all together. This obviously is not very convenient, anyone else having better luck?

I'm buying 100+ quantities, this is my advantage, but availability of fets is not wonderful.

Cheers,

Hugh

Gotcha, Joz,

Greg is auditioning about two thousand kms to my north as we speak.....

I have checked with Mouser and Digikey today, Joz, and I can get 2SK170GR and DN2530 from M and ZVP2110G from D, but not all together. This obviously is not very convenient, anyone else having better luck?

I'm buying 100+ quantities, this is my advantage, but availability of fets is not wonderful.

Cheers,

Hugh

Hugh,

I found the same... If you are willing to buy large and re-sell on these hard to source parts, that works for me.

Ken

Thanks for confirming, Ken, this gives me new resolve......

Paul is visiting today for a chat about circuits, no doubt your work will come up!

Last night's auditioning of the hybrid bootstrap/CCS has been very good, we are simply waiting on confirmation of offset stability, then we move forward on the board manufacture.

Cheers,

Hugh

Fetzilla Group pcb buy

Folks,

More progress.

Fetzilla pcb Group Buy Update - Now at 68 boards!!

2+P JoMo Adelaide SA Australia
2+P Ian Finch Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
2+P Gennaji Hyderabad India
2 Ken Lewis LA USA
2 Ron Russell Kent UK
2+P John Kenny Dublin Ireland
2+P Francis Morrin Dublin Ireland
2+P Vitalica Bucharest Romania
2+P Erik Deinum Groningen Netherlands
2+P Keith Correa ? India
2 Igor Polyakov California (city?) USA
2 Steve (aka SRH) Whangarei New Zealand
2+P George (aka JKC) Calgary Canada
2+P Anthony Mills Gold Coast Australia
2+P Dinesh (aka Chlorofille) Christchurch New Zealand
2+P Colin S. (?) (city?) NSW Australia
2 Chris Powell Sydney Australia
2+P Danny (?) Lierde Belgium
2 Sonnya (?) City (?) Denmark
4+P Jozua Cape Town South Africa
2 JT (? aka Sandyhooker) City (?) Arizona USA
2+P Nicola City (?) Vincenza Italy
2+P Sparkey (Brian ?) Melbourne Australia
2+P Chalkandtalk (?) City (?) NW England UK
4+P Woody1911a1 (?) Marblehead , MA USA
4+P George Cherhit Sacramento CA USA
2+P Tore Martensson Malmoe Sweden
2+P Steve Harrison Rock Springs WY USA
2 Kannan_S Austin TX USA
2+P NCC (?) Hanoi Vietnam
2+P VZS (Zsolt ?) Cluj-Napoca Romania
4+P Vitalica Bucharest Romania

I have attached:

#1 Parts list for ONE module, double for both
#2 Latest circuit schematic as per Greg's (aka SWF) prototype
#3 Latest circuit schematic for power supply (tested good, all works)
#4 Composite pcb layout gif showing latest changes.

This project is now complete and delivered. I have only to order the parts and pcbs, despatch, and people can get to building.

Many thanks to Greg Peters, Paul Bysouth, Lineout, Mikelm, MiiB, and all others who have contributed. These projects look simple but to deliver all the documentation, triple checked and functional, is actually a big undertaking.

I will get cracking, and then ask each of you to contact me by EMAIL (see my website) to let me know your full particulars; that is, FULL name, FULL address, and whether you want pcbs alone, or parts as well.

It is YOUR responsibility to contact me with this information, as I won't chase you, too many to consider.

Cost of the additional parts will be $10, so total cost, including shipping anywhere in the world, will be $AUD60. I will NOT be asking for payment until I have both parts and pcbs, and am ready to despatch. Therefore, DO NOT PAY ME YET, I will inform you when it is time. Paypal will be used.

If the parts seem expensive it is because they are purchased in two tranches from the US and shipping to me is involved.

I think, from all reports from Mike and Greg, that this will be one exceptional amplifier. Not as good as the NAKSA mind, but still very good!! ;)

Thank you for your collective patience, this has been a dream so far! :cool:

Cheers,

Hugh

Attachments

• FETzillapartslist.doc
    32 KB · Views: 83
  • FetzillaPCB.gif
    FetzillaPCB.gif
    48.5 KB · Views: 563
  • FetzillaSCHEM.gif
    FetzillaSCHEM.gif
    57 KB · Views: 540
  • FetzillaPSschem.gif
    FetzillaPSschem.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
Ah, that's an interesting one....

The values on the schematic, 0.1pF for both phase lead and shunt fb, are in fact minimal values set for the simulator to figure the stability.

For difficult loads (read electrostatics!) the parts list is correct; these should 47pF for C5 (phase lead) and 22pF for C6 (shunt fb).

In almost every application where the load is NOT an ESL, these caps can be usefully omitted.

That saves a bit of angst, silver micas, essential for good sound in these crucial positions, are hard to source, but you guys in North America have a great source at HOSFELT ELECTRONICS, INC..

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.