• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Subbu DAC V3 - ES9023/WM8804 SPDIF & Power Supply PCB" Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will have one toslink and one spdif coax inputs. Have no idea at all how to switch inputs.... any suggestions ?
Is any of these good ? Would be good to have selector and inputs on one pcb..
CS8414 Digital Audio Interface Receiver Module 2 - www.pcm63.com - All For High Quality Audio DIY
DIR9Pro DIR9001 Based Digital Audio Interface Receiver Module - www.pcm63.com - All For High Quality Audio DIY

Well the board as is has a SPDIF input, so all you need to make that work is to wire it to an RCA type panel mount. To get the TOSLINK you'll need a connector such as one the Toshiba TORX models, the output of the TOSLINK interface feeds into the existing SPDIF input on the board. So a selector of some sort will be needed between the TOSLINK output and the SPDIF input on the board unless you get fancy and get into signal sensing and such. Since the TOSLINK needs power to make it work it requires a few bits to support it.

Here's a sample of a schematic & layout as an example of what you could buy or build for the TOSLINK piece available from Twisted Pear Audio:

Twisted Pear Audio - TOSLINK OPTICAL INPUT MODULE KIT

FWIW - I have no affiliation with this vendor nor have I ordered from him.

Last edited:
I'm using this little guy with my V2.0. It works with the 5V power supply for the DAC, despite the spec that says it needs 6V to 20V. I've also used it with a 9V battery.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOSLINK-Optical-Input-to-SPDIF-Module-/330386501621

I don't understand why this link won't work. e-bay says the listing is removed, but I can find the listing if I search for TOSLINK in the "Home Audio" category. Try that. It will show up.

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
GB Status and Payments Update

Hello All,

Been busy and finally spent couple days on catching up emails and payments. I have consolidated the members list with who have paid and not paid as of yesterday evening. The list is attached. Members who have signed up and are still interested in the GB get in touch with me via pm if you need invoice. Otherwise you can take the prices from the first page and calculate the prices and send me the payment.

I will keep the list open till this weekend for the members to pay. I will order the boards and DAC chips on Monday 08/05/2013.

If you find any issues with your payment or order quantity please get in touch with me ASAP so that I can fix it.

Cheers!
Subbu

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Need Paypal info

Subbu - I need to send you payment for this GB, but didn't receive an invoice via email (more importantly, don't have your Paypal info). Could you please let me know? Have already sent you PM w/same request.

thank you and Jean-Paul for the design & GB.

Dan

Hello All,

.... Members who have signed up and are still interested in the GB get in touch with me via pm if you need invoice. Otherwise you can take the prices from the first page and calculate the prices and send me the payment.

Subbu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.