Studio Reference Amplifier

Gurpreet is there a reason for the heatsinks to be mounted differently? in the photo the ones on the left side of the board the heatsinks are in contact with the exposed metal tab on the back of the transistor but on the right they are mounted on the case side which will not properly conduct heat.
i would also make all the sinks the same size so that thermal dissipation for each device is closer to the same(can't be equal if the size is different?)
if your bias is drifting it could be thermal.

Last edited:
Gurpreet is there a reason for the heatsinks to be mounted differently? in the photo the ones on the left side of the board the heatsinks are in contact with the exposed metal tab on the back of the transistor but on the right they are mounted on the case side which will not properly conduct heat.
i would also make all the sinks the same size so that thermal dissipation for each device is closer to the same(can't be equal if the size is different?)
if your bias is drifting it could be thermal.

Hello my friend, thanks for help on thermal issue. Last pic click just before test, all the measure volts, bias, and DC offset(10-20mv) with proper heat sinks. No connectivity in between both sinks, its just warm. I have just two issues
1, bias stable with open input and short input with GND, but after some playing music 🎶 with 75%volume 📣 bias is shuffling and goes to 100 to 120mv.
2 , DC OFFSET not stable with short input and without short input.
Regards
Gurpreet

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    863.2 KB · Views: 921
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    884.6 KB · Views: 856
Hello my friend, thanks for help on thermal issue. Last pic click just before test, all the measure volts, bias, and DC offset(10-20mv) with proper heat sinks. No connectivity in between both sinks, its just warm. I have just two issues
1, bias stable with open input and short input with GND, but after some playing music 🎶 with 75%volume 📣 bias is shuffling and goes to 100 to 120mv.
2 , DC OFFSET not stable with short input and without short input.
Regards
Gurpreet

Add 100pF from base to colector on TIP142 and TIP147...

Sunny, I think u have pro adopter PCB layout, now u just compare with schematic which is posted by Kandimba.
By the way what ohm is Ur speakers 8ohm or 4ohm.
😊

Sorry 😅😅 actually last time I run my sr on 4ohm speakers now I use 8ohm speakers no hum on hiss-hiss. Thanks for noticing my attention on speaker impedance.

Can I use this pro adapter for sr200 with psu7

Attachments

• IMG-20190411-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20190411-WA0002.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 774