STM 32 F4 Discovery and Audioweaver, anyone tried?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi torgeirs,

After exploring some other options (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/293362-orange-pi-digital-crossover-2x-usb-amps-wrap-up.html), I consider studying the STM32 option, for a 2 speakers active bi amp, with DSP crossover.

It would be USB => STM32 => SPDIF => 2 x FX-audio D802 with STA326 full digital amp, with SPDIF input, or USB => I2S => ???

I discovered yesterday a Sound terminal expansion board based on STA350BW for STM32 Nucleo (http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en.../stm32-ode-translate-hw/x-nucleo-cca01m1.html)

I already have a STM32F4 discovery board...

Did you went forward on experimental implemenation of audio with those boards ?

Best regards,

JM

Sorry, I have not tried it out. The nucleo and sta350 combo looks promising. Think the software provides usb in then i2s to the amp boards. The xover is based on biquads on the amp boards. I,m not sure how easy fir filtering on the stm32 is. Do not think much code must be added. The hard work is to find where to add it:)
100$ for 4 amps with usb in and filtering is super cheap. And 2k fir on top of that is super.

Good luck! I would be very interested in hearing about the results.

(I have gone the route of audioweaver on windos soc intel fanless cheap pad. More expensive but easier to implement)

Regards Torgeir

That's impressive effort, JMF11
The complexity of the STM32 tools is high in my opinion.

I hope too that it will be as "easy" as the current STM32F407 board and audioweaver and a standalone sollution.

I have used the USB input of the current STM32F407 board and audioweaver, but I do not know if it is Async?

Guess we must wait and see.
Hopefully the code generated is open so changes of input and output can be done after filters has been made.

Audio weaver supports the cheap STM32 F4 Discovery.
Audio Weaver® - the Only Cross-Platform Audio Design Platform | DSP Concepts
STM32F4DISCOVERY Discovery kit with STM32F407VG MCU - STMicroelectronics

Has anybody tried it out as crossover or FIR filter?

As mentioned in other post:
Open Source DSP XOs - Page 68 - diyAudio
You need extra ADC or SPDIF in as the card only has mems mic and I2S in.
But in principle one could make a very cheap FIR filter for bass correction or I2S digital 2 way crossover.
I guess with clever downsampling the 12-bit, 2.4 MSPS A/D converters also could be used for audiosignals with only a AFE added. (Especially for bass applications)
SR 2 400 000 Hz
n 10
SR/(2^n) 2343,75 Hz
So about 22 bits at 2k SR.

I know the audio weaver software is very powerful and has quite OK learning curve.

The STM32F407 is 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F. The F meaning it has extended DSP instructions
Page not found | DSP Concepts

Regards Torgeir
Hi @torgeirs How are you? I am starting a Xover 2 ways with STM32F407 Discovery kit (with I2S) for university. I need to use I2S, but I have no idea.

I do not know if you did the xover, but do you have any information to share me?

Thanks for all

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.