Speaker suspension

Telling him to stop complaining about advice he didn't expect, and just do it. Win or lose, it's a good way to learn. The stakes are not very high.

FYI, if not posting in moderator mode, which always has the cop hat, we are members too and are allowed to post just like any other member. But of course you know that.
I'm complaining cause i came here asking about where to buy parts, and what i got was not that--worthless complaining from members with nothing better to do with their time. Like I said earlier, if i wanted technical advice, I would have posted in a different subforum.

And yet, here YOU are. :p We are all free to waste our time as we choose, no?

I can't believe that the OP is still wasting time still talking about it and hasn't ordered a recone kit. What the heck is is waiting for? Time to stop griping and do something. OP knows the risks and cost, which of those is holding him back? Neither is very high.

And yeah, pics or it didn't happen.

Who said I havent ordered a kit? Then again, I never said I did so...I'll just leave you to keep guessing :)

Prolly won't post pics or updates cause a. not the right subforum b. even if I did it perfectly, the people complaining about cheap they are would knit pick it apart, finding more things to complain about and drag me down about fixing these speakers. Its really shameful seeing a community come together to drag someone down thats trying to learn by fixing something cheap. Everyone needs to start somewhere. I'm starting with these speakers. If you can't accept that, go find another thread to waste your time in.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Prolly won't post pics or updates cause a. not the right subforum b. even if I did it perfectly, the people complaining about cheap they are would knit pick it apart,
People are perfectly free to like it or not like it. No one is entitled to praise. Whether folks here think it's a bad idea or a great idea, they won't be shy to tell you. Only you can decide if you are ready to deal with that.

People are perfectly free to like it or not like it. No one is entitled to praise. Whether folks here think it's a bad idea or a great idea, they won't be shy to tell you. Only you can decide if you are ready to deal with that.

Thats the problem. I wasnt looking for advice on how to fix it, or if I should. All I wanted to know was where to buy parts, but it devolved into a bunch of old farts complaining about how the young guy wants to learn how to redo the foam with cheap speakers. If I wanted advice, I would have posted elsewhere.

And the very first reply was a link to the parts you asked for (along with several others throughout the thread).

Those "old farts" are just being practical (and some have forgotten more than you know) - Those speakers are déchets and not worth the time/effort to service to most of us here. If you want to spend the time as an exercise, there are many good tips within this thread, too.

Another issue is posting a stock photo instead of your actual speaker - some people miss that and go by the picture only so try to post the real item or at least put the fact that it isn't the actual unit in bold to draw attention and you'll get a cleaner thread.

Last edited:
True, I did get what I needed, but here we are, 10 pages deep into a thread of nothing but wasted server space and complaining. If the speakers are garbage to most, then why bother complaining repeatedly when I keep saying I want to learn with them? I am glad that I got advice from those who genuinely wanted to help, but now its hard for me, and possibly others, to find said useful info thanks to those who are dead set on trying to convince me to get rid of them.

The speaker in the picture is the literal same as mine, however mine are dusty, and god knows how much complaining would be going on about me ruining the junk voicecoil if I got a single spec of dust in it *eyeroll*.