speaker cable myths and facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never adopt cats which were previously owned by a German physicist. They remain indeterminate, while a proper classical cat can commute all day while sleeping coiled up on a mat.
I never knew he had a cat.. I figured what with the piano and Lucy, he never had time for one...Does Snoopy like cats?? Or, is he too busy chasing the Red Baron?

Is it related somehow to Popsicle Toes Diana Krall sings about? :confused:
Ohhhhh....Toes...

I though she was saying NOSE... that explains a lot..

There will only be a splatter pattern as a cruel demonstration of the wave-particle duality.
Ah, like that spinning thingy my grandaughter drops the paint on...

If you want perfect timing in your music, then you can't know which note is being played so you can't tell which tune is being played!
I have a stopwatch. So, if I listen while I'm timing, is somebody gonna brane me??

Sorry, physicist's idea of a joke.
You've lost me here...I thought they were mutually exclusive..

....Fourier limits what you can do with brick-wall filters.
I kicked that Fourier guy off the jobsite. Now the masons can do what they wanted.

or maybe there's an analog to a Bose-Einstein condensate...
Albert and Amar ran a digital moonshine still??

Sadly, even orchestral music from the Proms can be negative when subjected to modern ideas about processing.

Wow. You guys on the other side of the pond got class...over here, they play hip hop and techno at the proms.

Cheers, jn

Andersonix said:
Everyone knows one cannot "add cold," but only remove heat.
Some people seem to think that you can insert a box in an audio chain and 'add quality' to the signal. The box somehow knows what was previously there, but removed by other units, and puts it back again. To do this of course you need to find someone who is skilled in breeding Maxwell demons.

To do this of course you need to find someone who is skilled in breeding Maxwell demons.

I have been quite successful in this regard. They average 5-6 demons per litter, and we now have several thousand of them. Feeding is a bit of a problem for many growers, but since we have quite a bit of information at our ranch, they have thrived nicely. The colors don't seem to follow Mendelian genetics, unfortunately- I have been trying to breed red females, but apparently that color is sex-linked.

Probably. :p

As an aside (and mainly to confirm I'm not completely losing it / imagining things), was there a link to a (IIRC) French forum lurking here a couple of days ago which seemed to be discussing a wire with a battery attached?

I've posted about such things before.

You see, by only feeding AC currents through your speaker cables, electrons can "settle", and become less and less reactive to the signals. The effect is a dull top-end, and smeared transients.
Attach a battery, and those electrons are constantly replaced by fresh, new electrons. The result is the top-end sparkle is back, and drums "snap" along like your system did when new.

Chris :rolleyes:

SY said:
Feeding is a bit of a problem for many growers, but since we have quite a bit of information at our ranch, they have thrived nicely.
I have heard that they have to be fed classical information, as quantum info just confuses them and they can't decide whether they are coming or going so they try to do both together and collide with themselves. Is this your experience?

electrons can "settle", and become less and less reactive to the signals. The effect is a dull top-end, and smeared transients.
Attach a battery, and those electrons are constantly replaced by fresh, new electrons.
I love that one. Makes-me remember to the Russia battle !
Nb: you can recognize fresh electrons at their smiles, fresh shaving and clean shirts.
And, indeed, they are a lot faster than tired electrons.

Last edited:
Folks,

If this was Monty Python, you all would qualify for large grants from the Ministry of Silly Talks, to further develop your skills in this department. Well, at least until the Spanish inquisition would get hold of you and torture you with comfy chairs and only tea with scones at three!

Five years in Barber school!

Monty Python - Barbershop sketch/Lumberjack Song - YouTube

I never wanted to be in this thread anyway...

I wanted to be... a lumberjack!

Leaping from tree to tree, as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia.

The Giant Redwood.

The Larch.

The Fir!

The mighty Scots Pine!

The lofty flowering Cherry!

The plucky little Apsen!

The limping Roo tree of Nigeria.

The towering Wattle of Aldershot!

The Maidenhead Weeping Water Plant!

The naughty Leicestershire Flashing Oak!

The flatulent Elm of West Ruislip!

The Quercus Maximus Bamber Gascoigni!

The Epigillus!

The Barter Hughius Greenus!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.