Soundstream lil wonder 5.1000 power-on bump

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you drive a strong signal into the amp, do the channels that pop mute to the same level (before end of mute delay) as the quiet channels?

This would best be done by monitoring with a scope with no load since a signal strong enough to be useful will likely drive the amp into hard clipping when the muting ends.

Without load? I have 4.4ohm resistive load, don't is better?

Pictures in attached

Attachments

• 20210106_161407.jpg
    20210106_161407.jpg
    847.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210106_161336.jpg
    20210106_161336.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 37
Picco,
I don't believe you have mentioned what the DC voltage is on the offending speaker outputs. Also, what is the DC voltage at the op amp outputs?

Looking at the schematic posted by Perry, any offset from the op amp will go to the speakers. Excessive offset from the op amp may not be fully muted, as Perry has mentioned.

It may be that the main amp simply has pop, and it's normal, and you just have to learn to live with it. That SS amp is from the days when designers were not so obsessive about making start-up totally inaudible.

--Russell

Picco,
I don't believe you have mentioned what the DC voltage is on the offending speaker outputs. Also, what is the DC voltage at the op amp outputs?

Looking at the schematic posted by Perry, any offset from the op amp will go to the speakers. Excessive offset from the op amp may not be fully muted, as Perry has mentioned.

It may be that the main amp simply has pop, and it's normal, and you just have to learn to live with it. That SS amp is from the days when designers were not so obsessive about making start-up totally inaudible.

--Russell
I have no DC voltage on the speakers output (both good and bad channel) and have no dc voltage on op-amp output.
Maybe is normal pop for this amplifier, but i have four soundstream lil wonder 3a gen. Amplifier and all without power on pop.. this is strange

Ok, i have found. I have measured voltage on this resistor. Is the same (approximatly) on all 4 channel. 0.01~0.09v without remote input, and when i turn on the amplifier, after 5sec i have 0.6v.
The drive circuit is the same for all channel (central optoisolator)

Above is from post #18.
You stated that you have from 0.01-0.09v on the resistors. Does this drop to 0v on all if you leave the amp off for longer

If you leave the amp off longer is the pop less or more than if you cycle the amp quickly?

Above is from post #18.
You stated that you have from 0.01-0.09v on the resistors. Does this drop to 0v on all if you leave the amp off for longer

If you leave the amp off longer is the pop less or more than if you cycle the amp quickly?

The pop don't is emitter-voltage depend. This voltage is variable, also after more time, is variable from 0.09v to 0v..
After more on -off quickly sequence(1-2sec), i have no pop, if i wait muting-off, and then power off, now i have the pop.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.