Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

What is your application?

:cool:

I would like to go for your original dual pair VFET sony p2 design . Therefore, I ordered 2 kits because I thought that way the VFETs are suitable for this application (your post #1271

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/276711-sony-vfet-amplifier-part-2-a-128.html#post4746425 ) , but maybe I misunderstood it.

Anyhow , I am sure the DIY P2 version is as nice as the dual pair p2, however, having more power and the additional options in the dual pair design are very tempting ;-) !

Thanks again for all your efforts and supports giving the chance to your community to enjoy such unique amps!

best wishes

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I ordered 2 kits because I thought that way the VFETs are suitable for this application

In other words you are treating each kit as having 2 pair (for two channels).

Since within a "kit of 2 pair" picked sequentially they ought to be reasonably
matched, I don't see an issue, as there is no requirement for matching
between channels using 2 pair.

If you are still concerned, wait until you get them and report the numbers
marked on the devices, and we will see what needs to be done - probably
nothing.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
i`d love to have a little Vfet-SE amp for my kitchenradio : )

i guess a lot of guys (like me) were able to buy just the 2sk82 due to the non-availaility of the other vfet.

however, no urge, just good news about the possibility :)

stefan

I would think it's the other way around, first the 2SK82 was sold out and since a few weeks the 2SJ28 is sold out at Circuitdiy.

I listed 4 possibilities P ch vs N ch and CD vs CS. Which did you want?

I would like to see the P channel using the 2SJ28's. I bought a pair of them just for a this last year when you mentioned maybe designing an amplifier around just a common pair. I am not sure what CD means, excuse my ignorance, but I think I would like to see a CS (constant current source). Whichever you think is best would be great for me.

P1010052.JPG

My redneck engineering of a V-fet case. The heatsink is going to be mounted on the outside. I placed it inside for picture purposes. That is a 300VA transformer. It looks small because the case is big and functional. I plan to make the amp mono inside one case at a later date. Also I am going to be installing 4 big motor run caps.

I'm trying to build my own 'one third' 40th Anniversary Sony VFET balanced, with 8 VFET's per channel instead of 24 :D But bias them somewhat higher....
Does anybody know the thickness of the alu sheet holding the heatsinks?
Is it 10, 12 or 15 mm?

Thanks, Walter

Hi WalterW

Fantastic 40th Anniversary Sony " One third " project.
Such build merits his own dedicated thread ?

Best regards