Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

Here is something similar to the Sony-VFET-2 using IRFP240 and IRFP9240 output devices. The front-end also supports cascode feedback, but has bias circuits more like the F4. I am still "tweaking" its sound.

Attachments

• DSC_0017-r1000.jpg
    DSC_0017-r1000.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 1,000
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I am working at this point to produce a front end board that would be acceptable to eventually go into the diyaudiostore. The backend of it I think will come later once the dust has settled a little. This is of course if papa approves, or has nothing else in the works.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I am working at this point to produce a front end board that would be acceptable to eventually go into the diyaudiostore. The backend of it I think will come later once the dust has settled a little. This is of course if papa approves, or has nothing else in the works.

I would save me the trouble, and I can use the time for some other project.

:)

I would love to see a SE single P channel schematic from Mr Pass maybe along the lines of the SIT1. To my knowledge no one has the capability to produce an amplifier like the SIT1 and DIY will never have access to Pass SIT's. It would have cost $300,000 according to Mr Pass to have some made by Semisouth and now they are our of business. This will be the only chance for DIY to make an V-fet SE amplifier in the near future and presently the available V-fets will be gone. 10 watts is plenty for a lot of DIY'ers. I can understand not wanting to share proprietary information if he chooses not to do so.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
This will be the only chance for DIY to make an V-fet SE amplifier in the near future

There's at least 3 SE V-Fet amps.

diyAudio - Article
Check Michael Rothacher's site, the author, for addendums.

With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing more variations. I have 10 2sk82 and quads of 2sk82 and 2SJ18s.

The L'amp 6w CCS SE is fantastic and I'm glad I didn't sell it for parts money.
Close one. ;) Even better with CLC power supply filter. :D

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1763/page/1

There's at least 3 SE V-Fet amps.

diyAudio - Article
Check Michael Rothacher's site, the author, for addendums.

With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing more variations. I have 10 2sk82 and quads of 2sk82 and 2SJ18s.

The L'amp 6w CCS SE is fantastic and I'm glad I didn't sell it for parts money.
Close one. ;) Even better with CLC power supply filter. :D

SIT Amp - L'amp Builds - My Photo Gallery

I should have said "Pass inspired." I am familiar with Michael Rothacher's site. I check it out often and have considered building one of his designs. Very talented individual.

I am indebted to all the talented individuals on this forum. I am looking forward to a schematic using the V-fets still available 2SJ28 P channel. I ordered a couple 2 days ago before they are gone and I already have 2 pair of 2SK82 and 2SJ28 for a CSX1 build. I have put off building the CSX1 until I decide if I want to build the V-Fet 2 and when boards are available.