Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

The pre-ordering of VFET batch 3 has now completed, and all variations and parts, including the supplemental kit, have now sold out. There won't be a public release or any leftovers. Everyone from every ordering group did have a chance to purchase, but those in the later groups had to be very quick when their email invitation came. Apologies to anyone who missed out.

We've learned a lot from this process, and will try to make future kit sales a bit less stressful, but we hope the way we ended up doing batch 3 did provide a reasonably fair way of distributing these kits in a first come, first served fashion.

not sure how the pre ordering works, when the email came, it was already sold out ?? oh well could be because i was on the plane or something...

Good evening folks. My VFET build has encountered its first issue. One channel has been adjusted ready for the VFET'S to be installed. I've got 1.5v across R5 and R6 with 0.1v at T18 relative to ground.

On the other amp board I adjust P2 to give me the required value of -10.7v at T17. However, with P1 fully anti clockwise I have +16.5v at T16. I need to get this down to +12.5v. Turning the clock fully clockwise only results in a change of +0.15 volts. Does this mean I've got the wrong value pot installed at P1? Anything else I can check? All my resistance readings checked out fine. Thanks, James.

I haven't gotten around to building my VFET kit and won't be able to in the foreseeable future. If anyone missed out on the third round, I'm going to be listing my VFET kit and supplemental kit in Swap and Sell later today. Once it's listed, first PM gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prerequisites for building this amp?

I am looking for suggestions for a project to do that would better prepare me for this, as I have only built the B1 buffer, never an amp. I have read this entire thread and love the back and forth, but don't understand much of it at a deep level. I can follow instructions but I don't want to risk these VFETS so I want to practice on something less complicated! Thanks for your suggestions.
Ron