Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

Attachments

• SONY CD PP 2.gif
    SONY CD PP 2.gif
    130.3 KB · Views: 642
Variac,

I couldn't find an answer to my question regarding the supplemental kits:

Can we order the supplemental kits without the input jfets (lsk170/lsj74) ?

I (and possibly others too) already have these parts and won't need to order those.

Ok, I've updated the list of people wanting SuppleMental Kits Here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/276711-sony-vfet-amplifier-part-2-a-202.html#post4843581

As I mentioned but some have overlooked, this was only to determine if there was enough interest in the kit. Without you making the effort to respond there would be no kits, so it was an essential first step. However we haven't assembled these kits yet so we will make enough to satisfy everyone who orders, ie you can order as many as you want, more if you wish than you mentioned recently in this thread

In a few days Jason will post the link to the ordering page for both Essential and SuppleMental kits. I will try to alert you in advance.

-Those who have already gotten their kits from the first batch can order just SuppleMental kits and as many as they want.

-Those who are already on the waiting list for the second batch will have a chance to add as many SuppleMental kits as they want.

-Those who are ordering from the second batch without being on any Essentials list already, will have a chance to add as many SuppleMental kits as they want.

In other words, any person who wants a SuppleMental Kit can order as many as they want and we'll get them made. Estimated time of availability of the kits is 8-12 weeks, but if things go well, it will be the shorter time. Probably if you order both Essential Kits and Supplemental kits they will be shipped at the same time as some people seem to think it will save them shipping and customs charges. I need to confirm that..

Mark

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Restating the above with the correct terminology. Thank you Sven :D.

I'm on the fence. Part of me wants to build two "2016 DIY SONY VFET (Group Buy AMP)", and part of me thinks I should go through the extra trouble of building a "2015 Sony VFETs part 2"... Hummm... Yes, count me in for a pair of boards.

Pierre

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
It sounds easy to split the kit but isn't the way we're doing this. So we can't. Sorry.
If you send me a PM I'll try to work out something.
Mark

Variac,

I couldn't find an answer to my question regarding the supplemental kits:

Can we order the supplemental kits without the input jfets (lsk170/lsj74) ?

I (and possibly others too) already have these parts and won't need to order those.

Last edited:
Yes, finished my DIYA VFET2 amp, listened to it for a couple of days and it is what I hoped for; very transparent/fast/balanced, great highs, mids & lows.
I will enjoy it a lot, thanks Nelson Pass & DIYA for making this possible, would never have believed I build a VFET amp a year ago...

I build it dual mono for I plan to extend it to a balanced set later on, wonder what that will bring actually.

Pictures could be better of this black (and little white) amp, it was a fight with millimeters for it has to house the balanced/bridged build...

Attachments

• image5 (Large).JPG
    image5 (Large).JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 655
  • image2 (Large).JPG
    image2 (Large).JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 644
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
An email has just been sent to everyone in Group 1 who passed up their spot in Batch 1. They now have 72 hours to place a pre-order for batch 2 essential kits. After 72 hours, I will start emailing the rest of the waiting list in daily batches on a first come first served basis.

Anyone can now pre-order the supplemental kit from here: Pass VFET Power Amp Supplemental Kit - diyAudio Store

• Batch 2 of essential kits will ship in around 8 weeks.
  • Supplemental kits will ship in 8-12 weeks.

Please note that we can't ship partial orders. It's "one order, one shipment". All orders will be held until everything in the order is ready, and then shipped when everything is ready.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member