Sonido fullrange driver thoughts?

My comment was not meant to criticize the SFR175 but to convey what I was hearing. They are detailed, clear and throw a wide soundstage. I was just listening to Fleetwood Mac Tango in the Night and Stevie Nicks' voice is amazing. These speakers are fantastic and enforce the adage of garbage in, garbage out.
BTW Bass duties are done by a REL T5X sub which integrates seamlessly with the SFR175.

Reactions: 1 user
^ I got an answer from Sonido. The prices are quite competitive:

Quote:
"Please , these are the current prices for the Sonido line of field coil drivers. There is also a power supply, but it is not included in the package, but we offer Free Shipping on Field-Coil speakers together with Power Supply.
SWR 175/FC - 605,-€/Pair, SWR 200/FC- 665,-€/Pair, SWR 250/FC- 750,-€/Pair, SWR 096/FC - 750,-€/Pair, SWR 300/FC - 750,-€/Pair Power Supply - 180,-€"

Reactions: 1 user
I've decided to order the 096 field coil I'll be using open baffle. This will be my first build, and hopefully my last. Been thinking about it for a while and have a good idea what I'm after, and some idea how to achieve it. I plan to use with a super tweeter and woofers coming in around 150-200...but we shall see, I'll listen to the 096 on its own for a bit.

Plan to get his power supplies and crossovers as well. Excited.

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2008
Paid Member
The 096 information was very interesting. Strangely, I have baggage about cheap 6x9 automotive speakers…which these are NOT.

I have considered ordering a second pair of field coils and they were near the top of my interest.

I’ve just hoarded too many drivers and projects at this point that I haven’t tried.

I’ll be interested to read your feedback on them.

Best of luck!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
096 was the Sonido that caught mine & Scott’s attention.

We did this:

Aquinicum-title-snap.png

dave

Reactions: 1 users