Something to lighten the mood

Joined 2007
Paid Member
My Dog

Sometimes she looks crazy but she’s a great dog.

Attachments

• E60A29C9-D269-4DF2-AC5F-5A0E72D1FB9E.jpg
    E60A29C9-D269-4DF2-AC5F-5A0E72D1FB9E.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 127
  • B547A30E-3591-439B-914A-C7E2AC95C675.jpeg
    B547A30E-3591-439B-914A-C7E2AC95C675.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 135
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Having trouble uploading files from my phone. When she’s on her back asking for belly rubs her flews fall back and her teeth show through and she looks a bit nutty!

She’s pretty much never a bad dog. She just looks like that sometimes. Her name is Delilah; she is about 7-8 years old although in the wacky looking picture she is about 4.

Thing I like about dogs is they are always pleased to see you! :D

Well, the old Lemon still works with Cal's horrible Maths problems. Not senile yet. :)

Cracked it.

But not really enjoyable grinding out the trig. Oh well. Can move on now.

Attachments

• Cal's Circle Problem 2 Simplified.jpg
    Cal's Circle Problem 2 Simplified.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Cal's Circle Problem 2 Simplified Part 2.jpg
    Cal's Circle Problem 2 Simplified Part 2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 228
Earlier this year I visited my brother who has a Summer house a mile from the Baltic sea.

One morning my sister-in-law took Greta the Boxer to the seaside so she could play her favorite thing - bury a tennis ball in the sand with her front paws and then dig it up and REPEAT INDEFENITELY.

So my brother got a call from the beach an hour later: "Mats, you must come and pick Greta up. I can't get her away from the beach ...":D

Attachments

• IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 89
We had to get rid of Rubens the Boxer. Turns out his only artistry was chasing the farmers sheep in the backfield when bored. :eek:

Mum replaced him with a smart toy poodle called Sophie and a docile Golden Retriever called Mandy or "Gamebird Temptation" when in exalted company. Those dogs had a wide vocabulary they understood. "Walkies!", "DinDins!", "Choccies!" and their favourite: "Ballies!"

Who do you think won at chasing the tennis ball? The agile poodle! It didn't even look. Just listened for the bounce on the grass. And could catch the ball in mid air above the sluggish Retriever. As you say, endless repeats.

And some people think dogs aren't smart... well, some aren't. :D

961776d1624392725-universe-expanding-barking-wrong-tree-jpg

Last edited:
At one point my brother had his own boxer (was it Lucifer or Jiffe??), his sons dods - a German Shepherd (working for the Swedish police) and a Spanish herding dog.

The "intruders" enjoyed a perfect Sunday afternoon lying on the couch while the boxer had to take a nap on the hard floor. But not for long. Suddenly he rushed up ran to the windows and started barking fiercly and the other two dogs woke up, got interested and had to see what's going on outside. They climbed down from the couch went to the window looking out - nothing here! nothing there! And in the meanwhile the boxer jumped up on the couch and occupied all of it.

The top right red area is 3,41.

mcchambin is clearly the Leibniz of the forum. You may be the Marquis de L'Hopital. But I must be the Newton here!

He (Newton) also solved the second problem, and in so doing showed that by the same method other curves might be found which cut off three or more segments having similar properties. Solutions were also obtained from Leibniz and the Marquis de l'Hôpital; and, although Newton's solution was anonymous, he was recognized by Bernoulli as its author; "tanquam ex ungue leonem" (we recognize the lion by his claw).

990638d1634342362-lighten-mood-cals-circle-2-simplified-2-jpg

7 digits! The Lion has roared... :D