Something to lighten the mood

Thanks! It's really great to be a grandfather. I'm called pappa, like my father and grandpas were.

It's so lonely at home now that kids have left... but two dogs do a good job for lightening my moods

20240119_090717.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
So, like, oh my God, I've just spent a week with twin 12 year old nieces (eye roll), and like, one totally DOESN'T have a crush on Cameron, and the other totally DOESN'T have a crush on Shera, and Swifties are, like, SOOO lame (eye roll), she's, like SO yesterday.
I tried to impress them with my wrapping skills, that failed so I tried beat-boxing, which resulted in them putting their fingers in their ears and screaming.
Embarrassing my nieces is great fun.

Chris, How the heck did you come up with grandkids as cute as that?
Wait, I don’t want to know the answer.
I’d rather spend an evening with you on a balcony somewhere in the Langdale highlands.
Well, only one currently, and don’t think I’ve not asked myself that question every time I stare at my grizzled visage while shaving.
Unfortunately that balcony is now just a distant memory.

Reactions: 1 user
Really wanna know what happened in my kitchen this Wednesday when the paramedics paid me a visit and rushed my to the emergency ward .... This is what I found when I got home yesterday.

IMG_9089.JPG

PS. I kow pretty well what happened. Suddenly got a very distorted vision, then mrs K Skyped me but I lost words so I colled 112 (thet's 911 spelled backwards in Europe) and thank Tom, they located my cellphone as I was pretty much out of words by then.
The paramedics were on spot IN NO TIME, put a needle in my arm and rushed me to the hospital.
Maybe it was stress-induced eye migraine OR, written in the papers now, a TIA (a micro-stroke or transient ischemic attack). Got two new drugs (drain unclogger - no more juggling with chainsaws :bawling: and something to fight off LDL/Cholesterol)
Am NOT allowed to drive a car for 4 weeks, but that is not reported to the autorities, but dumped in my knee - You fix this!

PPS. When I was released from hospital, the meds forgot to tell me to pick up the new drugs and start taking them directly, so they called my daughter (who's also into the health/sickness business) and they gossiped about me - "You know, my father is a hypocondriac. He calls me whenever he feels something odd with his health ...".

And talking of grandkids, here's the hypocondric grandfather (referred to as Moffa) with the Hins girls.
View attachment 1301118
Are we gonna need a new thread for proud grandparents? Not sure there’s enough bandwidth to support the onslaught, but until that crashes

Attachments

• 25ff51d8-d374-4c2a-9498-f036c8f5631b.jpeg
    25ff51d8-d374-4c2a-9498-f036c8f5631b.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 3b5a6c44-307c-4a3f-be44-285431457ee0.jpeg
    3b5a6c44-307c-4a3f-be44-285431457ee0.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: 2 users