Some speaker driver measurements...

Those IMD and voice coil HD data are a really nice addition to your measurements :up:

Those examples confirm that, while they are excellent midrange, the SB17NBAC and CRC really don't like excursion (also measured in Erin's Klippel test, 2.8mm Klippel verified). Which explains why some people thought that the Satori family sounded better in two way speakers, despite somewhat inferior midrange 2nd HD performance.

If limited to bass and low-mid duty, the WO24P is also excellent, and for a reasonable price compared to the rest of the Satori family (around 200€ per unit tax included in Europe). No quite the same category of drivers of course, but it beats the Purifi as far as IMD is concerned.
Interesting observation. It looks like the WO24 is a well made driver, really well made. Comparing it to the MW19 (7"), the WO24 has less distortion overall which indicates better linearity and better suspension. The WO24 is easily workable.

Looking forward to the IMD value of the NRX line.

If limited to bass and low-mid duty, the WO24P is also excellent, and for a reasonable price compared to the rest of the Satori family (around 200€ per unit tax included in Europe). No quite the same category of drivers of course, but it beats the Purifi as far as IMD is concerned.

The waterfall plot of the W024-p looks quite busy. Should this be of a concern? The MW16-P looks comparatively very nice. I'm really not sure what to make of some of this data.

@hificompass - any chance you will be getting the new(ish) SB29NRX75-8 (8 ohm) in for a test any time soon.

Looks an interesting speaker - almost identical box requirements and headline performance as the WO24P-4 (possibly easier to xover as less break up) but with a bigger area (312sq.cm vs 255sq.cm) and a bit more head room (xmax) but slightly heavier cone. Interesting to see if the distortion can compare to the WO24P-4 and also a subjective comparison.

The waterfall plot of the W024-p looks quite busy. Should this be of a concern? The MW16-P looks comparatively very nice. I'm really not sure what to make of some of this data.

The waterfall is directly linked to the frequency response of the driver. The WO24 has quite violent cone break-up peaks between 3khz and 5khz (the cone seems to be quite rigid). Those translate as resonances in the time domain. Same thing on most metal or hard cone/dome drivers. Below that it should be clean, since there is no accident on the FR.

But personally I would not really use the WO24 above 1khz or even 600hz. The 3rd and 5th order HD are already strong there because of the cone break-up peaks. The MW16-P is much more suitable as a midrange driver. But between 80hz and 600hz, the WO24 is a beast (at least as far as measurements are concerned).

Last edited:
@hificompass - any chance you will be getting the new(ish) SB29NRX75-8 (8 ohm) in for a test any time soon.

Looks an interesting speaker - almost identical box requirements and headline performance as the WO24P-4 (possibly easier to xover as less break up) but with a bigger area (312sq.cm vs 255sq.cm) and a bit more head room (xmax) but slightly heavier cone. Interesting to see if the distortion can compare to the WO24P-4 and also a subjective comparison.
I think, there is no chance in the nearest some months.
If that woofer is just 8-ohm version of the SB29NRX75-6, I don't recommend it. Not the best measurements and sound, this woofer is far from WO24P

Thx, I will need to build a 4-way with WO24, SB15NBAC, SB17MFC and T25B-6

Interesting but don't you think the SB17MFC and SB15NBAC are kind of redundant ?

A bit off topic, but I also had some idea/fantasy (far beyond what I can actually build and afford :dead:) of a large DSP active 4 way tower speaker with drivers similar to yours, to be flush-mounted in my studio control room.

It would be in a extended d'appolito configuration (SSWMTMW) in order to reduce unwanted vertical reflections from the desk and ground, as well as increasing power handling. Narrow vertical directivity would not be a problem since I only listen while sitting.

- 2 Sealed Ultimax 15" or something similar below 80-100Hz
- 2 WO24 between 80/100hz and 400/500hz
- 2 SB15NBAC between 400/500hz and 3khz
- 1 T25B, preferably in an Augerpro waveguide, above 3khz

Realistically never going to happen though... :D