Some speaker driver measurements...

Not so clean as expected but fortunately consistent, not like those MWxxP with their edge problems... :) Unfortunately CSD looks not that good. Are you sure the noise in environment was well controlled?
The room was dead quiet:)
For drivers that have resonanse spike we decrease the low threshold at Y-axis on waterfall diagram to save useful range about 30dB total. Usually that threshold is -30dB, in the NE180W-04 case it is -40 dB. So, this can cause some misunderstanding.

You can always publish both versions and let us to decide if we want to watch -30dB or -40dB, something like inside the tab with off-axis magnitude response.

Did you see new drivers from Tang-Band? I mean coaxials and that 40kHz 'High-Res' tweeter? Not saying about that DXT I could even send it to you but I accidentially burned its coil 3 months ago...

You can always publish both versions and let us to decide if we want to watch -30dB or -40dB, something like inside the tab with off-axis magnitude response.

I'm not sure if it will happen to be. But we should be more careful in future certainly.

Did you see new drivers from Tang-Band? I mean coaxials and that 40kHz 'High-Res' tweeter? Not saying about that DXT I could even send it to you but I accidentially burned its coil 3 months ago...
Didn't see them for a while.
I have found old measurements of SEAS DXT and will publish them next time:)
Unfortunately they don't include offaxis measurements but it is better than nothing at all.

TB-speakers is more and more worth serious consideration.

Vance Dickason found extremely pleasing performance of this tweeter, despite its grille cavity resonance at 5 kHz which I believe is fixed in their 24-2234S with typical hexagonal grille...

Both W8-2314 and W6-2312 coaxials are already available in Europe, I'm curious if their bamboo cones deserve such a good tweeter inside.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Seas DXT H 0-90 + DI.png
    Seas DXT H 0-90 + DI.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:
The measurements of Seas 27TBCD/GB-DXT have been added:

Seas 27TBCD/GB-DXT | HiFiCompass

Slightly dissappointing performance especially in HD area. Slightly abnormal axial response in comparison to a bunch of other DXT tweeters I had an occassion to measure in the past. Weird behaviour at 20 kHz rather not typical to them. Probably they are running into consistency issues with latest drive units? Pida's DXT unit from earlier post is more typical.

Here is my MarkK's ER18DXT speaker, both drivers with xo. My box is not exactly by his plans, it has offset tweeter and bevels on sides. My measurement doesn't show the cone breakup frequency at all. I should have changed the serial cap value for the tweeter.

DXT is a quite nice tweeter, but wg is actually very minimal so it works actually only from 3kHz up. Best match with 4-5" midranges!

Attachments

• er18dxt 0-90¤ 6ms 112.png
    er18dxt 0-90¤ 6ms 112.png
    109 KB · Views: 495