some samples box very good for full-range speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
finally getting it slowly finished. I am not finished with cabinet but I heard the speaker for about 2 hours and it sounds full, will have to listen for more time but bass is sufficient, here is the youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy_bzMO0hu4

thanks vvxuan, nice cabinet for the speaker.
Hi gychang! Last times I'm busy build a pair enclosure for driver 10 & 12cm.

Hi everyone! Today, I will post my design for driver 10 inch and 12 inch. However, for driver 12inch I have done, I will post before. They have structural similarity, different the dimension. H=1150mm, W=500mm and D=450mm for driver 12inch.

IMG_20150525_074330.jpg

I used driver Nirvana 12CF for my test!

DSC_8679.jpg

DSC_8680.jpg

I used a picture wood (CNC) the same Ecang fornt enclosure.

DSC_8683up.jpg

The mascot in the pictures are Dragon and Phoenix of Asians. (you not need).
DSC_8685up.jpg

:spin:

Hi everyone! Today, I will post my design for driver 10 inch and 12 inch. However, for driver 12inch I have done, I will post before. They have structural similarity, different the dimension. H=1150mm, W=500mm and D=450mm for driver 12inch.

Hey vvxuan, thanks for posting! :D

I haven't actually listened to it yet, but I will. I'd normally consider the AN too overdamped for a TL like this, but they can IME sound fantastic with certain old high impedance tube amps that would normally sound flabby and bloated. It's sort of a strange combo, but it works.

I like the dragon, but then I am fond of dragons. Is that relief carving done by CNC, or did someone carve it for you? I'm thinking of getting some CNC grilles made for my next speakers, kind of like old Sansuis.

Hi vvxuan

I have watched all of your videos and I like the sound of all of your speakers. I have never built speakers before but I would like to try to build your last speaker with the 12 inch driver. I will be using 19 mm plywood do I need to add extra bracing to the inside of the cabinets?

In your photo where you can look through the hold for the speaker driver it looks like there is extra bracing. Also did you add the sound absorption material to the inside of the speaker cabinet?

If you have photos when you were building the speakers would you please post them.

Thank you very much. I hope to see more youtube videos of your speakers.

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; } Hi vvxuan

I have watched all of your videos and I like the sound of all of your speakers. I have never built speakers before but I would like to try to build your last speaker with the 12 inch driver. I will be using 19 mm plywood do I need to add extra bracing to the inside of the cabinets?

In your photo where you can look through the hold for the speaker driver it looks like there is extra bracing. Also did you add the sound absorption material to the inside of the speaker cabinet?

If you have photos when you were building the speakers would you please post them.

Thank you very much. I hope to see more youtube videos of your speakers.

Thank Rwes!

"I have watched all of your videos and I like the sound of all of your speakers. I have never built speakers before but I would like to try to build your last speaker with the 12 inch driver. I will be using 19 mm plywood do I need to add extra bracing to the inside of the cabinets?"

Plywood 19mm very good. But in the compartment driver very lager, you need to add extra bracing to in side.

"In your photo where you can look through the hold for the speaker driver it looks like there is extra bracing. Also did you add the sound absorption material to the inside of the speaker cabinet?"

The sound absorption material to reduce sound reflections between walls in the speaker cabinet.

Some pictures when I building the cabinet for driver 12inch.
DSC_8667.jpg

DSC_8668.jpg

DSC_8671.jpg

DSC_8672.jpg

and a piece finish.

DSC_8670.jpg

Hey vvxuan, thanks for posting! :D

I haven't actually listened to it yet, but I will. I'd normally consider the AN too overdamped for a TL like this, but they can IME sound fantastic with certain old high impedance tube amps that would normally sound flabby and bloated. It's sort of a strange combo, but it works.

I like the dragon, but then I am fond of dragons. Is that relief carving done by CNC, or did someone carve it for you? I'm thinking of getting some CNC grilles made for my next speakers, kind of like old Sansuis.

Hi Greg B.
These dragons made by CNC. I'd like creation, with CNC we can decorate for speaks cabinet to become beautiful and graceful...
etc...
26269524_635610582858671852.jpg

or

HTB1eo0RHXXXXXarXVXXq6xXFXXXz.jpg

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.