Soekris' DAC implementations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you aint using the buffered/balanced outputs then why not feed the board directly with +-5v on the secondary side of the 5v regs... lt3032 should be better than the on board 5v regs... altough i havent checked for the obvious place to connect the power input - but there is probably a few people here that have made that mod..

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Advice for power supply requirements please

Although I'm slightly embarrassed to ask the Forum - please could you advise as to whther, if using +12V 0V -12V DC power supply to the Soekris DAM 1021 board, should I connect it as I have drawn on the reference manual page?

I've just received my board and don'twant to make a stupid mistake and watch smoke curl into the air above it.......!

Thank you Forum :)

Attachments

• SCAN0189.jpg
    SCAN0189.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 443
and this board (powered from the 9V ac output of the above transformer) to provide the i2s input to the Soekris DAM from an optical/coaxial S/PDIF input.

I'm just figuring out how I'm going to provide the 3.3V dc that I have read that the i2s input requires though!

Again, thank you everyone for any comments/feedback you could give me

:)

Attachments

• 2017-02-11 21.59.32.jpg
    2017-02-11 21.59.32.jpg
    993.2 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
Hi

Sorry for my ignorance. Is this a voltage output DAC or is it a current output DAC with a built in i/v stage? If so what is the design of the built in i/v stage?

Where can I find information about its power supply design? One single AC input seems to be very basic. Is it good enough? I see that many high performance digital gears feature multiple AC supplies. The processor must be quite noisy. How is the noice isolated from entering R2R ladder?

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Have you looked here
Soekris Engineering ApS, Products

And this "official" thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...crete-r-2r-sign-magnitude-24-bit-384-khz.html

I am sure some of your questions may be answered there.

Thanhks bambadoo, I found information about the power supply at wordpress. It was initialy blocked by my ISP.

I am still looking for information whether there is a current output from the r2r network. The official thread is over 500 pages :-(

Thanhks bambadoo, I found information about the power supply at wordpress. It was initialy blocked by my ISP.

I am still looking for information whether there is a current output from the r2r network. The official thread is over 500 pages :-(

quantran,

It's voltage out only. If I am not mistaken, there seems no current mirrors on the board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.